ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sick HO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Sick HO

Post by Papafaith » Mon May 28, 2007 8:06 pm

This has no bearing with immigration though but it just proves HO has no bearing anymore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon May 28, 2007 11:07 pm

That's been the rule over compensation for a long time, it's not new.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Mon May 28, 2007 11:28 pm

Really? Its absurd, You jail someone wrongfully and then ask him to pay for board and lodging? Its sickening.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon May 28, 2007 11:43 pm

I worked on a case years ago (for my pupil master) and it was true then, about 6 years ago. Doesn't mean I think it's right, but it's nothing new.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:56 am

On a lighter note, I will say it is the cheapest accomodation one can get. includes free food, broadband connection, gym etc.....