ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for wife and over 2 years old Daughter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NasAmin
Newly Registered

ILR for wife and over 2 years old Daughter

Post by NasAmin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for ILR in a month's time. My wife came to the U.K in 2010. However, in 2012, June 30, she went to Pakistan and came back on 19th January 2013.

Should I be able to apply for ILR for her and my daughter the same time as myself? (My daughter was born in the UK in Jan 2012)

She is also doing the ESOL level 3 will give the Life in the UK test as well. I am not sure if she is required to pass both Life in the UK an ESOL level 3. Considering she does pass both, am likely to have trouble getting her ILR due to her staying away from the UK for more than 6 months in the period mentioned above?

I would really appreciate your advice and thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Nasir.

dk2011

Re: ILR for wife and over 2 years old Daughter

Post by dk2011 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:19 pm

There is no limit regarding dependent absences but it should be limited and for good reason . For 6 months absence if asked you should be able to provide valid reason. However ,chances are very less that CW will question this absence.
You need both LIUK and english language qualification.

NasAmin
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for wife and over 2 years old Daughter

Post by NasAmin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:16 pm

Thank you very much for replying.