ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

maximum days absent in one year ILR (10yr Long Residence)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scrat
Newly Registered

maximum days absent in one year ILR (10yr Long Residence)

Post by scrat » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:53 pm

I understand that in the 10 years long residence you can only be absent for a maximum of 540 days in total. Also you shouldn't be out of the country for than 6 months at a time. I've only got 2 years left on mine and have only been out for 90 days in the past 8 years (which will give me 450 days worth of absence). was wondering if it's ok to be out for 400 days out of those two years without having an issue later? (i understand i have to travel back to uk at least twice to make sure that I'm out of uk for less than 6 months at a given time). was wondering whether that'd be an issue?

is there a rule that mentions anything about being absent for a certain amount of time in one year? specially the last 12 months before you apply? (for ex, if you're student, you can only be out of the country for a maximum amount of 90 days in one year)

Hope it's all clear