ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query - Tier 2 General Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Prridvi
Newly Registered

Query - Tier 2 General Application

Post by Prridvi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi All,

My employer is willing to sponsor me for Tier 2 General. The RLMT has been completed and I have been assigned a restricted Certificate of Sponsorship. I am yet to apply for Tier 2 General entry clearance with this CoS

My employment offer letter currently says that the period of continuous employment and start date is "to be confirmed". The CoS says valid for 3 years though. Though it is a permanent position, my employer says that they would provide me with an amended offer letter once the entry clearance application is successful

My question is :

Will this pose any problem during the entry clearance application process? If yes, I would speak to my sponsor and try to get my offer letter changed stating that it is a permanent position

Please advise?

Many thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Query - Tier 2 General Application

Post by manci » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:33 pm

The HO is only concerned with the CoS, your offer letter is not relevant to your visa application and there is no need to submit it.

Prridvi
Newly Registered

Post by Prridvi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:46 am

Hi Manci,
Many thanks for the feedback.
Another question,

My Sponsor forgot to mention the reference numbers for RLMT mandatory advertising on the certificate of Sponsorship. They have now got these reference numbers and included in the sponsor note section on the CoS

The amended CoS is sent to me

Does this suffice or is any further documentation required, while making an application for the Tier 2 General entry clearance?

Many thanks in advance

drsumat
Newly Registered

Re: Query - Tier 2 Generai Application

Post by drsumat » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:17 am

I am a doctor who got a Cos against my old passport no.As my passort pages had exhausted I applied for a new passport.Do I need to get the amendments done regarding my new passport details on my cos or apply with the same cos.Kindly advise

drsumat
Newly Registered

Post by drsumat » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:21 am

I am a doctor who got a Cos against my old passport no.As my passort pages had exhausted I applied for a new passport.Do I need to get the amendments done regarding my new passport details on my cos or apply with the same cos.Kindly advise

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:30 am

Prridvi wrote:My Sponsor forgot to mention the reference numbers for RLMT mandatory advertising on the certificate of Sponsorship. They have now got these reference numbers and included in the sponsor note section on the CoS

The amended CoS is sent to me

Does this suffice or is any further documentation required, while making an application for the Tier 2 General entry clearance?
that should be sufficient, the amended CoS is now on the HO system

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:36 am

drsumat wrote:I am a doctor who got a Cos against my old passport no.As my passort pages had exhausted I applied for a new passport.Do I need to get the amendments done regarding my new passport details on my cos or apply with the same cos.Kindly advise
you can apply with the CoS you have but will have to submit both old and new passports. Write a covering letter explaining the circumstances

Prridvi
Newly Registered

Post by Prridvi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:33 pm

Hi Manci,
Many thanks again for the feedback
Just one last question (hopefully!),

I’ve started filling the details on the Tier 2 Entry clearance online application form. One of the question on the form reads

“What is the main address and the contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?”
I currently do not have an idea where I would be staying in the UK.

Can I specify my sponsor’s office address and contact details of my line manager, in response to this question? Would this pose any problems further in the process?

Please clarify

Many thanks

Prridvi
Newly Registered

Post by Prridvi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi Manci,

Any update on the above question?

Thanks in advance

aruncsin
Newly Registered

Post by aruncsin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:23 am

Hi All,

In my Tier 2 general application form, can i enter my friends place in UK for the below question? or Should i provide my sponsors office address and pone details.

“What is the main address and the contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?”

- Arun

prasad394
India

Post by prasad394 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi All,

My sponsor has accidentally spelled my Surname incorrectly while assigning the COS. I read on a guide that a COS once assigned can't be amended. Is this true ? Do I have to wait for the next cycle to get a new COS ? or is there a way to either amend the COS ?. If the sponsor cancels the COS, can they reassign the same ? Any quick response is appreciated.

prasad394
India

Post by prasad394 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:27 pm

aruncsin wrote:Hi All,

In my Tier 2 general application form, can i enter my friends place in UK for the below question? or Should i provide my sponsors office address and pone details.

- Arun
Hi Arun,

I am having a similar question. Can you let me know what you did and if you obtained your visa successfully ?

Regards,
Prasad

Jizan
Newly Registered

Post by Jizan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:40 am

manci wrote:
drsumat wrote:I am a doctor who got a Cos against my old passport no.As my passort pages had exhausted I applied for a new passport.Do I need to get the amendments done regarding my new passport details on my cos or apply with the same cos.Kindly advise
you can apply with the CoS you have but will have to submit both old and new passports. Write a covering letter explaining the circumstances
Hi Manci,
Thanks for being of tremendous help on this forum. I have the same issue as stated above and I'm wondering which passport details should I use as the intended passport for travel. Is it the one stated on the CoS or the new passport? I intend to submit both passports with a covering statement.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:16 am

Jizan wrote:
manci wrote:
Hi Manci,
Thanks for being of tremendous help on this forum. I have the same issue as stated above and I'm wondering which passport details should I use as the intended passport for travel. Is it the one stated on the CoS or the new passport? I intend to submit both passports with a covering statement.
your visa stamp will probably be in the new passport (if not, you'll have to carry both passports when travelling to the UK)