ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted successfully (Tier 1 G 5 years route) 10/03/2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fn286

ILR granted successfully (Tier 1 G 5 years route) 10/03/2014

Post by fn286 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Dear fellows,

First of all I would like to thank all who were reading my posts and following me for quite sometime. I also thank those who challenged me and encouraged me to prepare even well for my ILR application. I'm very pleased to share this with all that my ILR application was successful at Liverpool PEO today.

Before sharing details of my application, my request to all (no matter how complicated the case) is don't get trapped in the tricks of greedy accountants and solicitors. I was lucky to have an honest accountant with a heart since last 4 years. He's not greedy and very helpful. Also, please go with the employed route with HMRC record.

My Tier 1 (g) extension was granted as a Limited Company director back in March 2012 and I only submitted dividend vouchers to claim earnings (no salaries or PAYE). I submitted tax returns (Corporation tax and SATR) for the year of my extension (2011-12) but I had discrepancies in my corporation tax return that I never fixed before applying for ILR because it was unnecessary. CW has nothing to do with corporation tax for the tax year 2011-12 of my limited company that I closed last year. CW only ask for tax details if you are applying as self employed or limited company director (stay away from these routes). I'm sure they will check all the tax returns from initial application to extension for SE/directors. But if you're going for ILR as 100% employed with any UK company, then they won't ask much about your past. Remember ILR/Tier 1 is granted assessing your present situation, not past or future unless your current situation has a connection i.e. SE or limited company director.

My application was simple and clean... documents submitted were:
- SET O form
- copy of appointment confirmation email and payment details.
- Passports (new and old) and BRP
- 12 months personal Bank statement
- 12 Original Salary slips
- 1 current Employer letter
- Life in UK and English Language certificate
- PBS Self Assessment summary
- HMRC employment history letter (Record Retrieval service one)
- Photocopies of all of above except SET O obviously.

Please note do not submit P45 if you have switched jobs. Do not submit unnecessary documents for good impression, CW hate such applications. IF you're self employed/limited company director ... you will need lot of luck if you don't have proper HMRC records for current and previous tax years.

The whole process took 1.5 hours. I could say that clean and straight forward (employed) applications were granted ILR sooner than others (SE/limited company) as my decision came before few others in the que who submitted applications before me.

I will be checking my private messages regularly to help the needy ILR/ Tier 1 applicants with not so clean cases. If you trust my knowledge and experience and have faith in me and need advice and/or guidance then private message me your case details. Please don't ask questions for which answers can be found in previous posts.

Thanks

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR granted successfully (Tier 1 G 5 years route) 10/03/

Post by networkers » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:09 pm

Congrats!

pinkpop

Post by pinkpop » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:52 pm

I told you that you will be ok.. Feel really happy for you and enjoy your ilr and best of luck for your future.

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:39 am

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:41 am

who was the awarding body of your English language certificate?

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:16 am

ferryahmed82 wrote:who was the awarding body of your English language certificate?
It was trinity...waste of money BTW... you can use your expired IELTS if you have...

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:48 am

Hi,

Can you please post your initial EC date, date of landing in UK, current visa expiry etc. Did you apply under 90 days concession? If yes did you write cover letter to explain the 90 days concession etc. Please post details.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:24 pm

smartkhan wrote:Hi,

Can you please post your initial EC date, date of landing in UK, current visa expiry etc. Did you apply under 90 days concession? If yes did you write cover letter to explain the 90 days concession etc. Please post details.
Dear Smartkhan sahab.

You can find this information in like hundred previous posts... My intention is to share what nobody ever did... I came to UK after 82 days...thats not important...its abvious...

Re your question, there is no concept of writing cover letter for 90 days period for continuous residence... and those who write such letters I'm sure create problems for themselves by doing this unusual thing... this show lack of knowledge too... if anyone didn't come to UK within 90 days of visa issue date...or even came on the 91th day at 00:01 hours... shouldn't dream for ILR just yet and prepare for extension...no matter how long cover letter...

And...there is no requirement of any cover letter... try not to waste time of CW...

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:35 pm

@fn286,

I know what you mean. But there are many confused people on different threads who are confusing other people by saying that 90 days concession people only apply if your visa is expiring before your landing date.

I would still love to know your first EC date, landing date and current visa expiry date. Hope you wont mind :)

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:53 pm

smartkhan sir,

Don't look at confusing posts... if you have confidence then no one can confuse you... tell me your EC, landling and current visa expiry date and I will let you know if you're in or out.

Thanks.

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:03 pm

I am sure I'm IN but just wanted to make sure.

My first EC was granted on 28th May 2009.
I landed in UK on 7th August 2009 i.e. after 71 days of getting EC
My current visa is expiring on 25th June 2014.

According to UKBA's 90 days concession rule and 28 days rule, I'm eligible to go for ILR anytime after Wednesday, 30 April 2014.

I'm planning to go to PEO in first week of May. What are your thoughts on this?

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:35 pm

smartkhan wrote:I am sure I'm IN but just wanted to make sure.

My first EC was granted on 28th May 2009.
I landed in UK on 7th August 2009 i.e. after 71 days of getting EC
My current visa is expiring on 25th June 2014.

According to UKBA's 90 days concession rule and 28 days rule, I'm eligible to go for ILR anytime after Wednesday, 30 April 2014.

I'm planning to go to PEO in first week of May. What are your thoughts on this?

You are definitely in .... but you can apply anytime after 28/05/2014. Let me clear out something.. you cannot apply on or after 30/04/2014. Basically, you have to complete 4 years 11 months living in UK, but you are 71 days short already.

28 days rule is from the date of expiry of current leave, not from the date of your EC.

anyways... you cannot apply in first week of May especially if you're planning to go for PEO otherwise you will most likely be posting on this forum 'Unsuccessul ILR' instead of 'Successful ILR'...

good luck...

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:46 pm

You have the same understanding which other people have. I don't think it works like that. The ILR clock starts from EC stamp date if you enter within 90 days. The 28 days rule is from your eligibility not from your current visa expiry.

Any gurus out there? _Amber, vinny or Casa?

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:52 pm

@MindTheGap,

You should be fine. That's the correct understanding.

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

smartkhan wrote:@MindTheGap,

You should be fine. That's the correct understanding.
@smartkhan: Thanks.

It has indeed become rather confusing with members interpreting things differently.

I do hope one of the gurus _Amber, vinny or Casa - share their thoughts on this matter...

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Dear smartkhan and others,

I just love conversations like these .... good learning especially when I'm challanged.

Yes, smartkhan SIR,.... you can get ILR 28 days before EC but only after your application is rejected and you hire a good barrister.

I believe in rules...and when there are no specifies rules I believe in logic... its illogical by all means applying 28 days rule from EC date.hahaha.. It's funny to be honest...

Let me tell you something... first of all ...28 days is not mentioned in immigration rules...even 4 years 11 months is not mentioned in revised rules... this was suggested by UKBA (that no longer exist) that applicant could apply 28 days before the current leave expires and then stupid solicitors and consultants misused it and started blagging.... this clause no longer there... Now home office talks about 5 years continuous residence... and 90 days delay in arrival...

Now logic... you have to spend 5 years in UK... you have not spend 5 year in UK... then 4 years 11 months.. not even that... you don't meet 5 years criteria...and not even 90 days rule if you apply 28 days before EC...logic and common sense!!

Anyways... I'm sure you must have a reason and urgency to apply 28 days before EC but its not worth it for me... All I could say is go for it...and let me know when you get successful (wthout a barrister) ...

I won't say all the best..that would be a lie.. so take care

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:53 pm

@fn286
Take it easy as you seems to be in rush. Your logic is wrong here. This forum is full of such cases. Couple of my friends didn't complete 4 years 11 months and got their ILR. Open the link that was pasted by Mind_The_Gap. How can you say I am 71 days short? Did you read 90 days compensation rule? According to your logic I can apply after 28th May. If I apply on 29th May for example then I'll still be short of time. It wont be 4 years 11 months by 29th May. I sent an email to UKBA and it was confirmed by them too.

In answer to your second question, the period between entry clearance being issued and an applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. If the delay is more than 90 days, none of the period between entry clearance being issued and an applicant entering the UK can be included in the continuous period calculation. Additionally the Home Office website confirms that an applicant can apply for ILR up to 28 days before the date they become eligible.

See this link too...
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 59917.html

I got my EC and extension without solicitor. I'm sure I'll get my ILR too without solicitor :lol:

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Dear smartkhan,

First thing first... when I said you cannot get ILR before 4 year 11 months ?? I got ILR and I've lived in UK less than 4 years 11 months lols... Like I said earlier, you can apply for ILR under 90 days rules even if you have lived 4 years and 9 months...

I'm not sure from where you copied this text in Italic fonts... just copying it in italic doesn't make them law... Anyways...first part says what I said in my previous posts... and the second part regarding home office confirms 28 days is just hahahahahahahahah...hope you got it...if there is any such reference please send me link of the home office website...even what you have copied states '28 days before the date you become eligible' ...it doesn't mean EC....you become eligible when you complete 5 years in UK...

You copied link from your previous as if Its Royal court judgement...I like pinkpop dude who said solicitor confirmed... let me tell you about solicitors... if they make you win they make less money and if they make you lose they make more money cos they know your case will keep on going.. I would request pinkpop to ask solicitor the reference in immigration rules and/or evidence.

When the great Home Office have confirmed to you then why are you still concerned my friend? I'm sure you are smart guy as your name suggests then why are you still seeking other's opinion.. moderator or gurus whatever...they are not Home Secretaries...or Director General Home Office ... if they misguide you and your visa is rejected what you will say to CW that some moderator advised you ...

Again, please show me the reference in immigration rules, home office website .. I will believe you...send links of your previous post won't convince me nor get you ILR... use logic my friend... only logic...

Well, I hope you don't have to go through the pain during your ILR application...let us know when you get your ILR 28 days before EC.

Thanks.

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:47 pm

@fn286

The italic text is copied from UKBA website. Page 22, paragraph 1.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eriods.pdf

So according to above link my qualifying period starts on 28th May 2009 because I entered UK within 90 days. The qualifying period ends on 28th May 2014.

28 days rule is explained in page 3 under point 5 When to apply:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... o04091.pdf

So according to above link I can apply not more than 28 days before qualifying period. So If I apply first week of May 2014 I should be fine.

I have seen many cases that are approved that were in same situation. That's why I asked you about your dates. If you are still confused or not sure then it's fine. I'm sure you'll not make fun of your knowledge again :) I'll update you about my case in first week of May :wink:

fn286

Post by fn286 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:15 pm

Dear smartkhan,

I said show me the references and I will believe you when I will see myself... rest all is opinion... I would still wait for 28/05/2014 to be on the safe side.. will never rush... cos that could trigger further checks... my case was different.. I was not in a rush and I applied after my EC date...

This is something very few will face... my knowledge is more on the tricky and complex cases... and I'm quite proud of that...

All the best...

Thanks.

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Sun May 04, 2014 12:54 pm

fn286 wrote:Now logic... you have to spend 5 years in UK... you have not spend 5 year in UK... then 4 years 11 months.. not even that... you don't meet 5 years criteria...and not even 90 days rule if you apply 28 days before EC...logic and common sense!!

and let me know when you get successful (wthout a barrister) ...

I won't say all the best..that would be a lie.. so take care
I got my ILR without barrister and your best of luck.

First EC granted 28th May 2009
Entered UK 7th August 2009. Exactly after 71 days.
Visa expiry 25th June 2014

Total time spent in UK 4 years, 8 months, 26 days

full details here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 63818.html

Nice2MU
Newly Registered

Post by Nice2MU » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:26 am

Hi there

Are you still the member of this forum?
fn286 wrote:Dear fellows,

First of all I would like to thank all who were reading my posts and following me for quite sometime. I also thank those who challenged me and encouraged me to prepare even well for my ILR application. I'm very pleased to share this with all that my ILR application was successful at Liverpool PEO today.

Before sharing details of my application, my request to all (no matter how complicated the case) is don't get trapped in the tricks of greedy accountants and solicitors. I was lucky to have an honest accountant with a heart since last 4 years. He's not greedy and very helpful. Also, please go with the employed route with HMRC record.

My Tier 1 (g) extension was granted as a Limited Company director back in March 2012 and I only submitted dividend vouchers to claim earnings (no salaries or PAYE). I submitted tax returns (Corporation tax and SATR) for the year of my extension (2011-12) but I had discrepancies in my corporation tax return that I never fixed before applying for ILR because it was unnecessary. CW has nothing to do with corporation tax for the tax year 2011-12 of my limited company that I closed last year. CW only ask for tax details if you are applying as self employed or limited company director (stay away from these routes). I'm sure they will check all the tax returns from initial application to extension for SE/directors. But if you're going for ILR as 100% employed with any UK company, then they won't ask much about your past. Remember ILR/Tier 1 is granted assessing your present situation, not past or future unless your current situation has a connection i.e. SE or limited company director.

My application was simple and clean... documents submitted were:
- SET O form
- copy of appointment confirmation email and payment details.
- Passports (new and old) and BRP
- 12 months personal Bank statement
- 12 Original Salary slips
- 1 current Employer letter
- Life in UK and English Language certificate
- PBS Self Assessment summary
- HMRC employment history letter (Record Retrieval service one)
- Photocopies of all of above except SET O obviously.

Please note do not submit P45 if you have switched jobs. Do not submit unnecessary documents for good impression, CW hate such applications. IF you're self employed/limited company director ... you will need lot of luck if you don't have proper HMRC records for current and previous tax years.

The whole process took 1.5 hours. I could say that clean and straight forward (employed) applications were granted ILR sooner than others (SE/limited company) as my decision came before few others in the que who submitted applications before me.

I will be checking my private messages regularly to help the needy ILR/ Tier 1 applicants with not so clean cases. If you trust my knowledge and experience and have faith in me and need advice and/or guidance then private message me your case details. Please don't ask questions for which answers can be found in previous posts.

Thanks

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:21 am

@fn286

high five my friend..one more slips away