ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent or FLR(M) visa.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nkm3
Newly Registered

PBS Dependent or FLR(M) visa.

Post by nkm3 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi All,

We urgently need advice on my wife's application.
We are seeing a lot of conflicting rules around switching visa category in UK.

1) My wife is on her own independent Tier 1 (General) visa. Note: She does not have entry clearance as my dependent.
2) I want her to become my dependent. I am on my own Tier 1 (General) visa and am eligible for ILR this month.
3) Can she apply for PBS dependent when I apply for my ILR this month.
There is a rule in in document (Immigration Rules Part 8 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Part_8.pdf
) 319C (Requirements for entry clearance or leave to remain)
Point iii under that states that the applicant (the dependent) was last granted leave:
1) as the partner of the same Relevant Points Based System Migrant: or
2) as the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of that person at a time when that person has leave under another category of these Rules.

4) If she cannot apply for PBS dependent can she apply for FLR(M).

Can someone please help.

thanks
Neeraj

vinny

Re: PBS Dependent or FLR(M) visa.

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:56 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.