ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'NOC' letter from education institute

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sam_84

'NOC' letter from education institute

Post by Sam_84 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:06 am

Hi Guys

I am a very confused state and is seeking a helpful advice for a spouse visa for my wife-

My wife is doing her PhD (last year) from Delhi. I am a UK settled person and looking to bring my wife on a spouse visa to UK. I have got all the documents but I am confused about the 'No objection letter (NOC)' from the educational institute of my wife. I understand that the NOC letter should say that institute does not have any problem in my wife's trip to the UK.

The questions I have now are -

1) Do I really need the NOC letter? Would the immigration officials be interested in knowing what my wife is going to do with her remaining studies? Actually, after a month of our wedding in Nov last year, my wife got a UK visitor visa on the grounds that she does not intend to settle in the UK and come back to resume her studies.Would the immigration officer pick on that point we mentioned to them earlier?

2) Additionally, one UK university is allowing my wife to do some of her experiments in their UK laboratory but not in London where I reside. My wife's college may get ready to give an NOC for 6 months saying that my wife can go to conduct experiments in that particular Uni and should come back in 6 months time. Would this letter not raise a question in the minds of immigration officer that my wife does not intend to settle 'permanently'

Thanks in advance.

Sam