ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dismissed from work and withdrawn my tier2 sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

judegy
Newly Registered

Dismissed from work and withdrawn my tier2 sponsorship

Post by judegy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi

I was under tier 2 visa and recently dismissed from my work. Accordingly, my employer withdrawn the sponsorship certificate. My question is how long can I stay in UK now? I know it is normally 60 days from the date of UK home office letter, however the decision of dismissal is from 40 days ago now and I didn't receive any letters from UK home office. I read in the guidance that it could be another treatments for specific circumstances from witch if I have dependent children under 18 years and this is my case !!! If this will affect the UK home office decision regarding my case and how it could affect me? PLEASE Any help will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Judi

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Dismissed from work and withdrawn my tier2 sponsorship

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Either find another sponsor quickly or leave the country. Ignoring the situation won't make it go away or magic a solution.

Act quickly.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sancha

Post by sancha » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Do not assume that you will get more than 60 days on the basis on kids etc. I read here about success of T-2 application after 60 days but this would be very risky therefore I suggest you to act within 60 days from your last employment day or speak to ukba for granting more than 60 days on the basis of kids. You can switch to other category such as T-4 if difficult to find sponsor. Do not wait for letter from ukba. based on my experience if you act quickly you will be ok. All the best

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:21 pm

make sure the HO have your current home address

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:20 am

Why we're you dismissed, how long had you been working there?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.