ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIUK Certificate Not Returned by PEO Officer

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jmukhtar
Newly Registered

LIUK Certificate Not Returned by PEO Officer

Post by jmukhtar » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi Guys

I tried searching for some similar posts but couldn't find any recent post.

I got ILR in April 2013 and at that time PEO officer didn't return LIUK test certificate for me and my wife and said they will keep it with them. The problem now i have is Q 1.22 says following

I have passed the Life in the UK test and attach confirmation "Check Box"
The test number is: <field for confirmation number>

I don't have anything with me to show that i passed. I am trying to contact local NCS service but they are asking for this certificate to be shown and asking me to contact HO.

Has anyone experienced this, going for BC without LIUK certificate. Any other options?

Thanks.

Eureka.Power

Re: LIUK Certificate Not Returned by PEO Officer

Post by Eureka.Power » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:00 pm

jmukhtar wrote:Hi Guys

I tried searching for some similar posts but couldn't find any recent post.

I got ILR in April 2013 and at that time PEO officer didn't return LIUK test certificate for me and my wife and said they will keep it with them. The problem now i have is Q 1.22 says following

I have passed the Life in the UK test and attach confirmation "Check Box"
The test number is: <field for confirmation number>

I don't have anything with me to show that i passed. I am trying to contact local NCS service but they are asking for this certificate to be shown and asking me to contact HO.

Has anyone experienced this, going for BC without LIUK certificate. Any other options?

Thanks.

Hi Mate ,

I am not a expert but better you contact HO asap so u can get it back.. they problem with LIUK certificate is that there is no duplicate of it.. once its gone its gone you need to re sit for the exam... experts will be able to shed more light on it .. best of luck..

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:28 pm

as you used for the ILR, your certificate details will already be on the UKBA system.

As far as i am aware there is no real need to show your certificate at NCS if you have used it already for the ILR, just mention the certificate number on your application form and also explain on the last page that the certificate was not returned by the UKBA after ILR application.

jmukhtar
Newly Registered

Post by jmukhtar » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:06 pm

Problem i have is that i don't have any information available with me related to LIUK certificate :(

etoklem

Post by etoklem » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Worth trying the test centre where you got the pass. Guess they will help you if you explain the situation, they should have a record of all certificates they have issued.. ask them for a duplicate and you may get one if lucky!

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:28 pm

test centre is no help, they never keep any record of the certificates.

There is no need to worry, just the tick the box where it says LIUK test obtained on application form.

and explain the story on the last page.

If NCS refuse to take the application, just send it yourself direct, you do not have to use the NCS.