ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medicals and after

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jhjarvie
Newly Registered

Medicals and after

Post by Jhjarvie » Wed May 30, 2007 11:36 am

Looking for some information, we have received Medical requests (Being Done 31-05-07), what does this mean in terms of the application process timeline? are we at a point where our paperwork been approved? i.e. education, work history, police checks, funding etc whats left in the process i.e. is there any further checking or information to supply after the medical findings have been sent? :P

peterj
Newly Registered

Post by peterj » Wed May 30, 2007 12:15 pm

this is your final steps once medicals are issued you just need to pass them and then they send for your passports and your on your way

good luck regards

Peter

Jhjarvie
Newly Registered

Post by Jhjarvie » Wed May 30, 2007 12:22 pm

Thanks Peter, I have been on a few forums lately and I am hearing some horror stories about further processing after medicals, checks reveiws etc, obviously just scare mongering (or I have got this far down the line I have now become a paranoid fruit cake !!)

Have you went through the process?

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed May 30, 2007 2:21 pm

Jhjarvie wrote:Thanks Peter, I have been on a few forums lately and I am hearing some horror stories about further processing after medicals, checks reveiws etc, obviously just scare mongering (or I have got this far down the line I have now become a paranoid fruit cake !!)

Usually, after meds everything should be 'pish posh'. If there is no condition which would cause a puplic health issue or demand on the healthcare system in CND then you would be fine when you pass medicals.

But all these said and done, if they find out that there has been misrepresentation of information or they are not sure of something, it would cause delays. Files can be refused even after medical request. You are only sure when you have your Visa and COPR in your hands.

I do not think you would have any issues. The feeling you are having is part of the immigration process paranoia so CHILL OUT mate! :twisted: :lol:
Praise The Lord!!!!

Richter

Post by Richter » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:01 am

Your visa is valid for one year from date of your medicals and this is normally in your hand around one to three months after the medical - all being well.

CourtneyEM
Newly Registered

Post by CourtneyEM » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:26 pm

If you're looking for more information about your medicals, there is a good Medical Examinations FAQ on this Canadian immigration website.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:00 pm

Jhjarvie wrote:Thanks Peter, I have been on a few forums lately and I am hearing some horror stories about further processing after medicals, checks reveiws etc, obviously just scare mongering (or I have got this far down the line I have now become a paranoid fruit cake !!)

if they only asked for medical exam and right of residency fees with no other condition attached to the letter. all you have to do is pass the medical and hand your passport over to them when they asked you to. you will have your immigrant visa within a month or so.

just do what the canadian government asked you to do and ignore what other people said in the forum. no point to worry about it because every case is different.

i have got my medical requested last november 2005. i have done it and passed. they asked for my passport and right of residency fees after they got the medical result from the doctor appointed by the canadian embassy. i sent it to them and they got it back to me within a month. from that point on, all you have to do is show yourself up in canada once before your immigrant visa expire, from that point on, you will be canadian permanent resident. if you did not make the first entry to canada before your immigrant visa expired, you will have to reapply again, so good luck and enjoy canada!