ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel even Nationality application with home office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Can I travel even Nationality application with home office

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Dear seniors please advise
my application is with home office for naturalization,so can i travel with my ILR along with my birth country passport?also advise if i m outside on holiday and my naturalization approval came than whats the time in between i need to take oath.
Also if it came before i go and i took oath and don't get British passport(as don't have time) can i still travel on my ILR with other passport not British.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I travel even Nationality application with home off

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Yes to both questions about traveling.

After approval and ceremony, you can travel with passport, ILR BRP and naturalisation certificate without any problems.

Once you receive your approval letter, you have two weeks to book your ceremony. Some people receive approval and ceremony invite in one letter and some people receive two separate letters a couple of weeks apart.

If you are going to be away, you should make sure you have someone checking your mail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Dear i think after approval letter its 3 months to get it booked,u r saying its 2 weeks so thats why i am asking?If i am away and letter came and i came back after 1 month of letter than what to do?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:19 pm

You have approximately 2 weeks to book the ceremony with the your council and up to 3 months to attend the oath ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:21 pm

sorry to asking again i am away when letter will come you are saying that i must book ceremony with council with in 2 weeks of letter and get date of ceremony later so i can come by that time?2ndlly if letter came earlier and i took oath take certificate but dont get british passport because of time so i can travel even on my other passport and come back from visit than get british passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:25 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:sorry to asking again i am away when letter will come you are saying that i must book ceremony with council with in 2 weeks of letter YES and get date of ceremony later so i can come by that time YES?

2ndlly if letter came earlier and i took oath take certificate but dont get british passport because of time so i can travel even on my other passport and come back from visit than get british passport? YES, travel with foreign passport, BRP and naturalisation certificate and then apply for British passport when you are back in the UK
If someone is checking your mail, they could let you know once the letter arrives and you can book the ceremony from abroad for a date that is suitable. Some councils have online facilities to book or enquire.
Char (CR001 not Casa)