ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Section 7

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bonga

FLR (M) Section 7

Post by bonga » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Hi
My wife will apply FLR(M) as a spouse of a slatted person where she has been applied and received leave to remain as PBD, so do she need to fill up Section 7A and showed the required amount or directly 7B under maintenance.

PS: though I called HO and they said she was dependent not leave to remain as partner so will be under new rule and have to do SEc 7A, but I am not really understood and happy with the answer..
any body would like to advice pls let me knw

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Section 7

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:02 am

Was your spouse a PBS dep prior to July 2012?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bonga

Post by bonga » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:12 am

Amber_ wrote:Was your spouse a PBS dep prior to July 2012?
Not PBS she was my Tire4 PBD

bonga

Post by bonga » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:18 am

Not PBS she was my Tire4 PBD

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:32 am

That is a relevant PBS dep.

Have you received ILR under SET(LR)?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bonga

Post by bonga » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:22 am

Amber_ wrote:That is a relevant PBS dep.

Have you received ILR under SET(LR)?
Thanks for your quick reply ..and sorry for late reply ...yes Set(LR) ..10 Yrs Long Res ..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Has your spouse been a dep in the UK since before July 2012?

bonga

Post by bonga » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 pm

Amber_ wrote:Has your spouse been a dep in the UK since before July 2012?
Since she came UK ...since 2005 all the time Dependent of Student/ Tire4 in middle one time IGS ...last one Tire4 PBS dependent from 14-02-2011 to 11-04-2014

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:24 am

She needs to apply for FLR(M) right now before the rules change. Ideally a PEO, maintenance section only as should be considered under Part 8. A1 English required. As soon as FLR(M) is granted, apply for SET(M) under 287(a)(I)(d), B1 English and LIUK Required.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:52 am

hello amber,
what are these new rules effecting dependants of ilr who were dependant of pbs t1g?

any idea what english level would an ma in english & linguistics equal to from naric? this one does get qualification and english language points in pbs calculator. thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:13 am

bonga

Post by bonga » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks a lot Amber, very kind and appreciated for help, She got her A1 certificate and PEO for FLR(M) has booked this Wednesday..she just pass the B1 and waiting for the certificate arrived ..she is preparing for LIUK and will be appear end of the month.

Just back to the previous question of the topic ..does she eligible for the before rules of July 2012 and in the FLR(M) form Sec 7 A need to fill up or only 7 B for her ..please advice then that will be great ..

One more Question is of she successful on FLR(m) does she apply SET(m) with her qualifying period of last 2 years under the Rules you have mentioned?

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:11 am

SECTION 7B - MAINTENANCE

Yes, SET(M) as soon as FLR(M) is granted and she has B1 English and LIUK.

bonga

Post by bonga » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:32 am

bonga wrote:
Thanks a lot Amber, very kind and appreciated for help, She got her A1 certificate and PEO for FLR(M) has booked this Wednesday..she just pass the B1 and waiting for the certificate arrived ..she is preparing for LIUK and will be appear end of the month.

If I understood the link above she could do only flrm sec 7 b maintenance under old rule (july 2012) and will able to apply set (m) soon after with the reference of rules you have provided and with B1 sand LIUK

the rule will change effect to 6th april 2014 after that they have to qualify 5 yr after FLRm granted.
Please advice if I understood clearly.
Regards

bonga

Post by bonga » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:49 am

Amber_ wrote:SECTION 7B - MAINTENANCE

r

got it ...you are great ...bless you ....appreciated..

bonga

Post by bonga » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Amber_ wrote:SECTION 7B - MAINTENANCE

Amber could you please kindly reefer "SECTION 7B - MAINTENANCE" only for our case in the Chapter 8 immigration rule (as you said) in which Annax in Section 1?

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:37 pm

See page 10 of the transitional provisions - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -guide.pdf

JShah

Post by JShah » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi Amber,
Your kind advice is urgently needed.
I got my ILR last November on the basis of Tier1(g) 5 year route.
My wife is here with me since July 2011(initial visa Tier1 G Dep) but she changed to FLR(m) in January 2014 becz I got ILR.
The reason she could not apply for ILR was English language requirements.
Now she met all English language requirement but I m confused whether she is eligible for ILR or not.

I will highly appreciate your help.

Regards
J

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:49 am

Yes she can on SET(M), by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d), I would do it now at a PEO. B1 English and LIUK required.

JShah

Post by JShah » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:38 am

Hi,
Thanks for ur reply, my has passed "CAMBRIDGE ESOL CERTIFICATE speaking and listening(entry 1),
Does she still need to do B1.

Thanks in advance

bonga

Post by bonga » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 am

JShah wrote:Hi,
Thanks for ur reply, my has passed "CAMBRIDGE ESOL CERTIFICATE speaking and listening(entry 1),
Does she still need to do B1.

Thanks in advance
I think that is ok for FLR Grad 2 but for ILR B1 is equivalent to Grade 5. please check with the list from UKBA English requirement i am not so sure , other wise you can do it to the English Academy (Trtinity) just a 10 min test and she will manage it ...not too hard please chk youtube video that would help ....

Cheers

bonga

Post by bonga » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Amber_ wrote:She needs to apply for FLR(M) right now before the rules change. Ideally a PEO, maintenance section only as should be considered under Part 8. A1 English required. As soon as FLR(M) is granted, apply for SET(M) under 287(a)(I)(d), B1 English and LIUK Required.
Hi
Amber..I have clear from your last msg the question arise. so far I understand ..she could do Flr M and then after Set M... with B1 AND LIUK..however she have just received the FLR M from PEO, bio not arrived..
.my question is as she just receive FLR M, do UKBA will treat her with the new rule after july 2012 for her qualifying period after FLR M which start. I have book SET M before 6th April and to consider her previous PBS dependent period .
do I have to consider 2/3/5 years previous stays record?
other than 287(a)(I)(d) frpom Part 8 is there any reference if they argue at PEO.

Please advice

Thanaks

ahyang0129

Post by ahyang0129 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:53 pm

bonga wrote:
Amber_ wrote:She needs to apply for FLR(M) right now before the rules change. Ideally a PEO, maintenance section only as should be considered under Part 8. A1 English required. As soon as FLR(M) is granted, apply for SET(M) under 287(a)(I)(d), B1 English and LIUK Required.
Hi
Amber..I have clear from your last msg the question arise. so far I understand ..she could do Flr M and then after Set M... with B1 AND LIUK..however she have just received the FLR M from PEO, bio not arrived..
.my question is as she just receive FLR M, do UKBA will treat her with the new rule after july 2012 for her qualifying period after FLR M which start. I have book SET M before 6th April and to consider her previous PBS dependent period .
do I have to consider 2/3/5 years previous stays record?
other than 287(a)(I)(d) frpom Part 8 is there any reference if they argue at PEO.
if the period of validity of her FLR(M) BRP is 24 months then it is an indication that her FLR(M) was issued under para 284. once she reaches this stage 287 (a)(i)(d) applies in her case. there's no hurry to apply for SET(M) before 6th Apr 2014.

bonga

Post by bonga » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:00 pm

ahyang0129 wrote:
bonga wrote:
Amber_ wrote:She needs to apply for FLR(M) right now before the rules change. Ideally a
if the period of validity of her FLR(M) BRP is 24 months then it is an indication that her FLR(M) was issued under para 284. once she reaches this stage 287 (a)(i)(d) applies in her case. there's no hurry to apply for SET(M) before 6th Apr 2014.
Hi
Appreciated for your quick reply, My wife just pass the LIUK and B1 done before, so she is ready to apply now SET(M) only the qualifying period of existing stay ..However from your reply it is clear that if she would have 2 years visa from FLR(M) then she can apply SET(M) 287 (a)(i)(d) ..so that as I have no BRP yet but from the conformation letter from PEO last week, I have scan and attached here where it has mentioned about the 2 years.. as upload limit, I have only attached the part it has mentioned.

Please do a kind favour to check the scan attachment and allow me to know as I have already booked PEO for SET(M) 2morw morning otherwise I will need to cancel. I was hurry as because of the 6th april so did thing with rush ..but don't know why it will not effect for her, if you say a bit if you think needed then pls let me know ..

Kind Regards
Attachments
scan0003-001.jpg
scan page 1
scan0003-001.jpg (132.7 KiB) Viewed 1893 times
scan0004-002.jpg
Scan page 2
scan0004-002.jpg (179.49 KiB) Viewed 1893 times

ahyang0129

Post by ahyang0129 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:16 pm

bonga wrote:
ahyang0129 wrote: if the period of validity of her FLR(M) BRP is 24 months then it is an indication that her FLR(M) was issued under para 284. once she reaches this stage 287 (a)(i)(d) applies in her case. there's no hurry to apply for SET(M) before 6th Apr 2014.
Hi
Appreciated for your quick reply, My wife just pass the LIUK and B1 done before, so she is ready to apply now SET(M) only the qualifying period of existing stay ..However from your reply it is clear that if she would have 2 years visa from FLR(M) then she can apply SET(M) 287 (a)(i)(d) ..so that as I have no BRP yet but from the conformation letter from PEO last week, I have scan and attached here where it has mentioned about the 2 years.. as upload limit, I have only attached the part it has mentioned.
Please do a kind favour to check the scan attachment and allow me to know as I have already booked PEO for SET(M) 2morw morning otherwise I will need to cancel. I was hurry as because of the 6th april so did thing with rush ..but don't know why it will not effect for her, if you say a bit if you think needed then pls let me know ..
Kind Regards
i don't know what would happen if you go to PEO without the BRP. i guess it would mean they need some extra time and effort for them to locate your wife's file but i'm not sure. in my wife's case she received her BRP within 3 days and i didn't feel the need to book an appointment for SET(M) immediately.

i don't think you can judge from the wording of the confirmation letter her FLR(M) is issued under the 2 year route or 5 year route. the only thing the confirmation letter said would be her application is successful, meaning that she's granted a spouse leave but no more. the explanatory note attached to the confirmation letter is irrelevant. some caseworkers just give out the same note about 5 year route regardless the spouse leave is issued under 2 or 5 year route.

please see the following link to see why your wife is not affected as she has got her FLR(M) now.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1009599
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1007805
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1008306
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1009615