ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

short of the cohabitation proofs SET(m)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KITTANA
Newly Registered

short of the cohabitation proofs SET(m)

Post by KITTANA » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:40 am

Dear Sir/Madam
I was searching for an answer to my ILR problem and I came across this online discussion board.
I am a British citizen working full time, also my daughter of one and a half years is a British citizen too. My wife is on her two years spouse visa, and we are due to apply for her ILR SET (M).

The problem is our rent is covering all the utility bills, so we are short of many cohabitation proofs. All we have are:

Some NHS and GP letters for my wife
Bank statements for each one of us
Some online shopping receipts printed out from emails
A letter from the GP listing the dates of my wife’s appointments with the surgery
Child and child tax credit letters
A tenancy agreement from an agency stating that our rent covers flat utility bills
A letter from a friend confirming that they know me and my wife are staying together
A fight ticket for our last summer holiday
And many pictures for us together as a family

I know that I am short of the cohabitation proofs. I booked a premium service at Croydon Centre so i can explain the situation to the caseworker. My question is, would they refuse my wife’s application? And what is the possibility that we get the ILR on the appeal?
Regards,
Carmel Kittana

KITTANA
Newly Registered

Re: short of the cohabitation proofs SET(m)

Post by KITTANA » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:46 am

does my application have a chance of success even though i am short of cohabitation proofs?
and do they fail applications because the shortage of cohabitation proofs? because i can't find any case been refused posted online.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:09 am

For ever 4 months of the last 2 years what documents do you have?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:30 am

We are in a similar situation in that our tenancy agreement covers our council tax and some of our bills,and were in the same situation when we (successfully) went for FLR(M). Based on our experience you should be ok if you to do the following:

1) You will need to meet the requirement for items of correspondence, which is normally six letters or other documents addressed to both of you in joint names. If you don't have enough documents in joint names (which appears to be the case from the list you've provided) you will need to submit two individual items for each joint item you are missing. For example, if you have no joint correspondence you would need 6 documents addressed to you, and 6 documents addressed to your wife, for a total of 12 items. The dates of these letters need to be spread across the full two year period prior to your application. Of the items you've listed, I would say the tenancy agreement, bank statements, NHS and GP letters will be acceptable as items of correspondence, provided they are originals. I don't think the other things you've listed (online shopping receipts, letters from friends, flight tickets, photos) can be counted as items of correspondence, but you might want to include them as additional evidence that you're in a genuine relationship.

2) Include a cover letter with your application explaining that your utility bills are covered as part of your tenancy agreement (they should be able to check this since you're including the tenancy agreement), and that this is why you are unable to submit six items of joint correspondence. Say that you are instead providing items in individual names, and list them.

Just to emphasise that you really do need to meet the evidence requirement explained in 1) above - if you can't submit enough documents, it's unlikely that your application will be approved.

KITTANA
Newly Registered

Post by KITTANA » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:20 pm

thank guys for your help,
after reviewing my documents i think i will be ok, for some reason i was confused about the 4 months thing

here are the list of my documents, please let me know if anything wrong.

year 1
01/04/2012 - 31/07/2012 separate bank statements in both our names
01/08/2012 - 30/11/2012 joint tenancy agreement
01/12/2012 - 31/03/2013 joint tax credit letter

year 2
01/04/2013 - 31/07/2013 joint tax credit letter
01/08/2013 - 30/11/2013 joint tenancy agreement
01/12/2013 - 31/03/2014 joint bank statements

regards

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:34 am

You can attach mobiles bills for both of you and child full birth certificate with both parents name on it .you have enough proofs so did I and also electoral letters
ss