ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC certification - BS degree from COMSATS PAKISTAN

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sal2007

NARIC certification - BS degree from COMSATS PAKISTAN

Post by Sal2007 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:46 pm

HI everyone,

My wife got a Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics from COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Islamabad, Pakistan. Is her degree equivalent to a UK Bachelor Degree?

She came to UK as a dependent(Tier 1 General PBS) in May 2012, than received FLR in July 2012, at the same time I got my ILR. I am British Citizen now. She will apply for ILR in April 2014.

She has passed LIUK test.

We have checked her degree in PBS calculator. Unfortunately her degree didnt score any points. She knows few seniors who got admission in UK universities for MS directly on the basis of BS degree awarded by COMSATS.

Should she apply for a qualification comparsion certificate from NARIC or it would be a waste of time and money because her degree has not yield any score in PBS calculator?

Any suggestion/comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sal

sunnysomerset

Re: NARIC certification - BS degree from COMSATS PAKISTAN

Post by sunnysomerset » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:53 am

I wanted to ask that question on behalf of a friend actually. My friend's completed a degree in Pakistan, cant remember what exactly but it was a Masters degree taught in English. This degree cannot be found on the Points Calculator. Is it sufficient that he get a letter from the University stating that this degree was taught in English or does he have to get this equivalency completed, by UK NARIC.
Essentially its about saving money. Most preferable is that a letter from the university would suffice, but if he has to pay the £46 to get the equivalency completed then so be it. The least preferable option would be to sit an English exam, since the minimum it ends up costing is upwards of £100. (TOEFL is close to £110, Trinity College exams are £125 and IELTS is £145).

JAH

Post by JAH » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:20 am

Sal2007 wrote:HI everyone,

My wife got a Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics from COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Islamabad, Pakistan. Is her degree equivalent to a UK Bachelor Degree?

She came to UK as a dependent(Tier 1 General PBS) in May 2012, than received FLR in July 2012, at the same time I got my ILR. I am British Citizen now. She will apply for ILR in April 2014.

She has passed LIUK test.

We have checked her degree in PBS calculator. Unfortunately her degree didnt score any points. She knows few seniors who got admission in UK universities for MS directly on the basis of BS degree awarded by COMSATS.

Should she apply for a qualification comparsion certificate from NARIC or it would be a waste of time and money because her degree has not yield any score in PBS calculator?

Any suggestion/comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sal
Its equivalent to British bachelor degree. Just get a letter from comsats for medium of instructions which is English. And it fulfills English requirement for ILR..

Sal2007

Post by Sal2007 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Thanks JAH.

If you ever came across any such successful story in the forum please share if possible.

Thanks
Sal