ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original Biometric Notification Letter?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iphris
Newly Registered

Original Biometric Notification Letter?

Post by Iphris » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:03 am

Hi I have submitted my application for ILR recently and used my home address as the correspondence address. I live away at the other end of the country from home but has been notified my biometric notification letter has arrived. I didn't realise I will be asked to resubmit my biometric information as I have already done so in my Tier 1 application!

Bearing in mind the deadline, I was wondering if I can get my family to scan and email me the letter so I can bring a copy to the post office with me rather then asking for it to be forwarded to me and having to wait for it to arrive in the mail. I am also paranoid It may get lost in the post!

As it has been a few years since I first applied for biometric, I can't really remember the process. Do the post office guys require the original letter? Do they keep it after the process.

Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks

dk2011

Re: Original Biometric Notification Letter?

Post by dk2011 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:32 am

You need original letter.

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Get them to send you via special delivery that you should have it next day as you would need an original letter to have your biometrics taken at post office.

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Post office needs the original letter and in your case I would advise you to take advise given above using the special delivery service. And just for your information UKBA gives applicant 15 days to enrol Biometrics from the date of the letter
Hope this helps