ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP * Application for ILR in Croydon while pregnant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dinolejla
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP * Application for ILR in Croydon while pregnant

Post by Dinolejla » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Hello friends.

My wife is about to apply for ILR at the croydon office. (We are in the category before july 2012)

I am her husband a british citizen from birth.

She has passed her tests required and we have all relevant documents we need.

My wife is currently pregnant and due in august 2014 but we was not going to mention this at the croydon office incase it complicates thing. But we are starting to think that having a baby due can help for her IDR. We are just scared to mention it in case it makes the application harder.

Between us we earn £22.000 (twenty two thousand) a year and we are living at my parents home rent free and dont pay any bills.

Question 1 - Should we tell the croydon office that she is pregnant? If so what are the requirements for that circumstance? Is there a financial requirement for us as we are before july 2012?

Question 2 - If anyone has been in similar situation can you confirm all the important documents we should take to the croydon office since we don't have any bills on our names or tenancy agreements. What else can we provide as proof of cohabitation???

Absolutely any advise to do with this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dino and Lejla
x

dk2011

Re: PLEASE HELP * Application for ILR in Croydon while pregn

Post by dk2011 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:53 am

Unless someone is seeking financial exemption because of maternity there is no section in SET(O) form where you can declare regarding pregnancy. Which form and section are you talking about ? Also , you must provide correct information related to it if being asked.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:03 am

The pregnancy will have no effect on your wifes Set(M) application and not necessary to declare it either.

Baby will be British by birth anyway so there is no financial requirement, which if there was, would only apply after the birth.

In terms of documents, you need documents covering roughly every 4 months for the past two years either in joint names or individual names addressed to the same property. Parents property details and a letter will also be required.

Example of documents are :

Mobile phone bills
NHS cards or letters
Bank statements
Credit card statements
HMRC letters
etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dinolejla
Newly Registered

Post by Dinolejla » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:19 pm

We need to do the SET M application.

The main reason why I was asking is because we don't have many Cohabitation documents on our names so we was thinking to give them the widwife letter too?

We have everything needed just trying to gather more for the cohabitation letters etc

Thanks for your help guys x

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Proof of address doesn't have to be in joint names. You can include documents/correspondence in single names, but submit more than the minimum 6.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dinolejla
Newly Registered

Post by Dinolejla » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Casa wrote:Proof of address doesn't have to be in joint names. You can include documents/correspondence in single names, but submit more than the minimum 6.
We dont have any bills really at all as we both use pay as you go mobiles. The main documents we can provide are bank statements, pay slips, doctors letters and thats about it really. We are going to get my parents to confirm that we dont pay rent and any bills and then just add a few of my parents utility bills etc. Do yu think thats ok?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:34 pm

Anything with name and address with post code will be accepted + letter from your parents.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dinolejla
Newly Registered

Post by Dinolejla » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Casa wrote:Anything with name and address with post code will be accepted + letter from your parents.
Thanks for your advise Casa really appreciate it! :-)