ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Companies on the Sole Representative Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

misscococ
Newly Registered

Changing Companies on the Sole Representative Visa

Post by misscococ » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:04 pm

I am an American citizen that has been in the UK on a sole representative visa for a company which is set to expire soon. Another company in the US has made me an offer to represent them in the UK under the sole representative visa and establish a UK presence for their company (which has been in existence about 4 year in the US).

I already know that I am not able to switch employers under the Sole Representative category, so I am looking at coordinating my job change with the expiration of my current visa. When my current UK visa expires, can I leave the UK and apply for a new UK sole rep visa at the UK consulate in Paris, Amsterdam or Spain (anywhere closer than the US)? Or is my only option an extension with my current employer?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Changing Companies on the Sole Representative Visa

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:21 pm

https://www.gov.uk/representative-overs ... ligibility

You must already be employed and working overseas for the company that wants to sponsor you as a sole rep. It doesn't look as if this is the case.

In addition to apply to switch while out of the UK you must usually apply from a country where you are a resident, not there as a tourist.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Changing Companies on the Sole Representative Visa

Post by manci » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:41 pm

the reference for what PaperPusher said about where you can apply from is immigration rule 28:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Part_1.pdf