ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expiry in Jan 2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sathishspeaks
Newly Registered

Passport expiry in Jan 2015

Post by sathishspeaks » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:16 pm

HI,
Appreciate you responses ,thanks in advance.

I have my ILR in may 2014, i havent booked the date yet.Will book between 10 to 20th may 2014.
My Indian passport expires on JAN 2015, IS there any limit on validity of my passport while applying for ILR ,i am on Tier 1 and going through 5 year period route.

Kinf regards
Sathish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport expiry in Jan 2015

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:34 pm

no, as long as it is valid at time of application
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drvikram
Newly Registered

Post by drvikram » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:04 pm

hi
I believe it has to be 6 month valid when you apply for visa.
also i would go for renew passpost as after getting your ILR you have to go for renew your passport in january 2015. because for britesh passport you have to wait for one year, so better get first passport done before you apply for ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:10 pm

drvikram wrote:I believe it has to be 6 month valid when you apply for visa.
I believe you are incorrect,in regards to ILR applications. Passport needs to be valid at the time of application. ILR is not a sticker in the passport anymore.

@ sathishspeaks - you will be fine to apply with your current passport and do your renewal when the need arises and before applying for naturaslisation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drvikram
Newly Registered

Post by drvikram » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
drvikram wrote:I believe it has to be 6 month valid when you apply for visa.
I believe you are incorrect,in regards to ILR applications. Passport needs to be valid at the time of application. ILR is not a sticker in the passport anymore.

@ sathishspeaks - you will be fine to apply with your current passport and do your renewal when the need arises and before applying for naturaslisation.
---------------
you are right and i didnt say that it will not valid
satish can apply with current passport but i was thinking for future
and i know that ILR is not sticker but when he will go for Britesh citizine his current passport has to be valid !.