ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imam.asad
Newly Registered

Change of employment

Post by imam.asad » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:31 am

Hey Guys,

I am thinking of changing my job meaning I am going to be entering the challenging process of change of employment as I am on Tier 2 general.

I have following question on my mind right now -

Q1 : Would the tenure for my new Tier 2 be for 2 years or it could be 3 years? I understand tier 2 can be a maximum of 6 years.

My current Tier 2 general runs out on 27/01/2014 and my target to move into my new job is by end of July. Therefore, if it is going to be 2 years then would it affect my ILR, as I would have clocked only 4 and half years on tier 2? I understand I can still ask for an extension from my new employer but I would rather go through the hassle of tier 2 once for all and just concentrate on ILR.

Q2: My second question is that on Job centre plus I see a lot of recruitment agencies advertising the job, does that mean JCP part of the RLMT is done or would the company also be required to specifically advertise under their own name?

Q3: Is it possible to book same day appointment for change of employment?

P.S. - I have posted the question in the open forum as well.

Apam

Re: Change of employment

Post by Apam » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm

The duration of your visa is what your new sponsor puts into your cos. So ask them to give you 3 years atleast.
Don't resign until your application is approved.
You can use same day service, probably a better and safer way than postal.