ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension help required

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

daniyal.shah
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension help required

Post by daniyal.shah » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:00 pm

I Have recently switched my visa from Tier 1 (Post-Study) to Tier 2 (general), but the problem is that my employer had put the ending date on Certificate of Sponsorship the same as what I previously had on my Tier 1 (PSW), that is 1st May 2014. I asked my HR that why did you put the wrong date and they said as you applied for tier 2 before the expiry of your Tier 1(psw) that is why you got shorter duration of visa. I then contacted UKBA they said;
'
Thank you for your recent letter querying the validity of your BRP card to 15 May 2014.
I have checked the details on your Certificate of Sponsorship that your sponsor, assigned to you.
The work end date was given as 1 May 2014.
We add 14 days to this date and therefore the grant of leave we gave you to 15 May 2014 was correct'

Now I have asked the HR to apply for extension and they said we can only apply for extension a month before your visa runs out. The apprehension that I have is that if the visa gets rejected I might have to leave the country. The HR told me that 'we can't apply for extension earlier as we could not have two live certificate of sponsorship',Is it really true that we cant apply for the visa earlier? I applied as a new entrant this year, but now if I apply for extension will I be eligible for new entrant salary category.The other worrying thing is that from 5th april the immigration rules are changing. Could anyone kindly advise me what to do.
*One more thing,I was over 26 years when I first applied for Tier 2.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Extension help required

Post by iworker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:42 pm

they screwed you at each instance.
Firstly, they should be put the end date on the COS to the date they wanted to sponsor you and start date as the date they were to start sponsoring you. The dates on the COS are relating to when and how long they want to sponsor you. The dates of your end of PSW was irrelevent as you were not being sponsored at that time.
The HR is wrong again to argue not to issue another COS. You can apply for a new visa whenever.

daniyal.shah
Newly Registered

Post by daniyal.shah » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Can I now apply for tier 2 extension based on new entrant Salary,as you know I am over 26 years.

vrk

Post by vrk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:42 pm

I dont think u can apply as new entrant anymore. I am in a similar situation as you. I was offered a contract for 1 year only. Now the company want to extent my contract for 2 more years. I called up UKBA several times to check. They all said now I need to apply as experienced as I am over 26 years. You can check the immigration rules:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ndix_J.pdf

Rules 14 states the 'New Entrant' conditions.

hope this helps. If you are still planning to go ahead and apply as new entrant, I wud suggest you go for the premium service in person. Atleast you can explain the case worker the situation, and he might agree (one of my friend did this and it worked!) Good luck. Let me know if you get any other suggestions as I am in the same boat as you.