ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Birdy

Spousal Visa Help

Post by Birdy » Thu May 31, 2007 12:12 pm

Hey Guys i have been reading through the Stickies and wondering if anyone is in or has been in in the stiuation i am in.

We are in the process of leaving Ireland Due to Immigration for my American wife having been refused and now under appeal.

My wife will be going to the states to apply for her spousal visa for the UK we are compiling or file of evidence but as we are moving to England i will not have a Job or much money and we'll be living with my parents. Does anyone have any experience in this or a similar situation?

Will this have a great impact on our application? Any help is appreciated
Happy now in the U.K. not so happy about the Rugby

Jon_H

Post by Jon_H » Thu May 31, 2007 5:04 pm

You need to prove that you can support yourselves without recourse to public funds. Therefore you must assume that if you have no savings, job or any other income that you would fail on this test.

It is possible I believe to have your parents offer to support you until you get a job. In this case I would be providing as much evidence as possible that you are employable and have in the past earned decent salary etc. Copy of CV perhaps.

one of th two options under the spouse visa is that you are moving together to the UK, so I think A job is not a requirement. You will need to convince them that you will be supported by your parents and able to get a job relatively quickly.