ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stdt visa refused, had an accident and now fear of detention

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SRandy
Newly Registered

Stdt visa refused, had an accident and now fear of detention

Post by SRandy » Thu May 31, 2007 3:50 pm

I will try to brief as possible.

Last yr my student visa got refused as i changed my place of study without taking HO permission. Appealed against it and it got dismissed. Although the Immigration judje was quite happy with me and he made a recomendation to the home office to let me apply for my extension as a fresh application and I should be granted visa to complete my masters. Instead of doing that I appealed against it and my appeal got dismissed this yr on 25 april 2007.

Now I still have a chance to appeal for reconsideration but I dont think I have any chance to get it.

Now in sep06 I had an accident which got discharged in march07 but got reopened in april07. All the time I was on unconditional bail. I had to appear before the crown court in May07 and they gave me final hearing date in november 07.

When my case was discharged, I asked the police to give me my passport. I got a letter from them saying they have send it to HO to the inforcement office. As I had the pending appeal for my visa and they will keep it untill the decission is taken. I waited for 2months but never got any confirmation from them. I called up HO and they had no record of holding my passport. At the end spoke to the guy who was holding my passport but he refused to give me in writing that he was holding my passport. He arranged for a meeting on 4may, just after my hearing in the court for my accident. I went to see a guy in croydon. I explained him that I have to stay in UK for hearing for my case till Dec07 so I should be given visa till then. He refused to give me any status and said I will have to leave UK by end of may or they will deport me. I said to him that if I will try to leave then the police will arrest me as they will believe I will never come back.

To all that he said that they will not arrest me and when I will leave any case against me will get dismissed. He told me to come to him with the ticket and they will hand over my passport to me.

Well just after a week when I was making inquiry's about that I got arrested for breaching my bail condition which i never had. Got bailed out but had to go to crown court. There was this guy from the home office with my deportation notice to serve me. Well I did made an application for reconsideration on the same day before going to the court so he could not serve me notice and was legaly allowed to ask for my detention. The police tried their best to ask for my detention till november this year but thak God, the judge had common sense and refused. Well he put conditions on my bail now which is to report to police station on every monday and friday and HO to keep my passport.

Now I have appealed for reconsideration but I am sure it will not get accepted. So I have no legal status and which will make me an overstayer. I cant get work because of that and now I have a fear of being arrested and put into custody. Although the Judge has refused that and now the HO is aware of my situation. Is any way they would give me legal status till end of december07 or they will still try to deport me.
I have no means to support myself and I dont know what to do.

Please help me with any options/advice as I am in desperate situation.

Sorry for being to wingy and not brief but I wanted to present a clear picture before any one could advice me.

Thanks very much readind.

malikmoon

Post by malikmoon » Thu May 31, 2007 4:40 pm

I think we don't need to have permission from homeoffice if we change place of study. but home office encourage, we let them know if we change place of study. it's not mandatory.

costa

Post by costa » Thu May 31, 2007 9:50 pm

Something here I don't quite understand.

As far as I know, Home Office doesn't mind if you got student visa based on said MSc in XXX course at Birmingham Univ., then moved to MSc in YYY course at the same university, or MSc in ZZZ course at other recognised university. However, Home Office likely do mind if you downgrade your level without letting them know. For example, got student visa based on MSc course, but then move to a private language school.

So, if possible, OP should detail on what ground Home Office reject his extension of student visa? the previous poor attendance, over 20-hour work during term time, or else?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:22 am

costa wrote:Something here I don't quite understand.

As far as I know, Home Office doesn't mind if you got student visa based on said MSc in XXX course at Birmingham Univ., or MSc in ZZZ course at other recognised university.
I thought this was one of the reasons the HO changed the rules regarding student visa's where you get a visa or extension depending whether the college was recognised or not.

SRandy
Newly Registered

Post by SRandy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:50 am

I did not downgrade my studies but the reason they say is that progress from your uni will not be considered as you did not got your results from the uni on which you were given visa for.

But that is really not a big problem as I have finished my studies and really do not want to live here any more. I would be glad if I am deported but only problem is that I am unable to survive until the end of my case and they will try to detain me as I have run out of options to stay here legally.