ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

4uvak000

English Language for BC

Post by 4uvak000 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:21 am

Hi, I am completely lost with the English language requirements for BC. I have ILR, I have passed my LiUK test. Now I am trying to figure out which English test to pass in order it to be accepted by HO for my BC application. It all seems complicated for me as HO wants CERF1 and test providers does not state on their website which test would be suitable for CERF1 or BC application (why should they?). I was thinking about IELTS, but they do not have any grades like b1 or something. Or is it the score which makes the required grade? I mean when I pass General IELTS with scores 4/4/4 or more is that what HO needs? Or let's put it simple. Could you please write which test did you take to apply for BC. Thanks.

anna1977
Newly Registered

Re: English Language for BC

Post by anna1977 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Hello, I passed Cambridge Advanced English with Grade B and this is enough - according to https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -tests.pdf

However on this forum someone posted the easiest and quickest test would be:
http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/b1-esol ... vel-3.html

which is indeed mentioned in the above pdf on the very last page

Good luck

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:28 pm

You need B1 CEFR / ESOL ENTRY LEVEL 3.
I am sometimes wrong.

Tref123
Newly Registered

Post by Tref123 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:42 pm

I went for the B1 CEFR option. If you are in a rush for your results, I would recommend the Pearson test of English Academic. I received my results within 48 hours. Good luck!