ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time for wife visa (INF4) and other questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lazulia
Newly Registered

Processing time for wife visa (INF4) and other questions

Post by Lazulia » Thu May 31, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you could help me out.
Does anyone know real processing times for INF4 in Ottawa, Canada (as opposed to the ones on their websites, 12 weeks); some people on the forum seem to say it's rather quick if the application is straightforward, 2-3 days. There is a huge difference between 12 weeks and 2-3 days...! I'd like your thoughts on that.

I am canadian by birth, getting married in july, never married before, and planning on applying after the marriage. My future husband is british by birth, and we've been together 5 years.

Also, would anyone know if there are advantages to handing in the application in person with an appointment rather than posting it? (Does it make it any quicker?)

Thank you for the help, this is really stressing me out.

cheers
Geneviève

Jon_H

Post by Jon_H » Thu May 31, 2007 8:19 pm

The advantage of handing in the application in person is that if they want to know anything else then you can often sort it out on the spot, and it also gives them a chance to see if you seem genuine or not. Assuming you do, that might save you a formal interview. Everyone seems to recommend it, so I will do the same!

I know in some places you can speed up the process by filling the online application in advance, that way it is already on the system when you get to your appointment.

Lazulia
Newly Registered

Post by Lazulia » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi there,

I just wanted to add a post for the reccord, as I have been issued my settlement visa last week. (woohoo!)

I ended up sending my application and documents to the Ottawa High Commission by express post mainly because it was simpler, faster and less costly for me. My visa was issued in less than 24h. :shock: I think it took them less time than when they issued my working holiday visa back in 2003.

Anyway, just wanted to post an update in case anyone else has the same question eventually.

ciao!
Gen