ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

madhumesh
India

Query regarding absence

Post by madhumesh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:30 pm

I am on a Tier 1 visa and want to soon apply for my ILR through PEO.

Just one issue is concerning me, After my initial entry I found job within month and negotiated the start date and then left UK to visit extended family for 35 day which was unpaid. I have total absence of around 70 days in last 5 years including this.

I understand that I was economically active and had a job offer so should not be issue. It is well within limits of 180 days and most of the member on forum have experience that no absence issue is raised by case worker in under 180 days cases.

Just would like to have advice from fellow members/ senior members

1) if they have or noticed any adverse experience regarding such absences at PEO or I should go ahead freely and apply?

2) And if yes, Do I need any self absence letter I can get absence letter from my employer for rest of the holidays?

Thanks

Madhumesh

madhumesh
India

Re: Query regarding absence

Post by madhumesh » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:42 am

can any fellow member advice please? any positive would be also very encouraging.

Thanks

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:45 am

You don't need to provide any letter .. As your absence is below 180 days..

baaghi
Newly Registered

Post by baaghi » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi Madhumesh,

Set O form for Tier 1 settlement asks for all absences to be listed and the proof for each one :(