ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from tier2 ICT short term staff migrant to any

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saran08
Newly Registered

Switching from tier2 ICT short term staff migrant to any

Post by saran08 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi,

I came to uk last july 2013 under tier 2 ict short term staff migrant and its going to end in june 2014.
1. As per new immigration rules is it possible to switch from tier2 ict short term staff migrant to other visa category ?
2. As per new rules the cooling off period would apply for ict short term staff migrant visa?.

Thanks,
Saran

t2ict

Re: Switching from tier2 ICT short term staff migrant to any

Post by t2ict » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:43 am

saran08 wrote:Hi,

I came to uk last july 2013 under tier 2 ict short term staff migrant and its going to end in june 2014.
1. As per new immigration rules is it possible to switch from tier2 ict short term staff migrant to other visa category ? The only option is to move into T2 ICT Long Term without any cooling-off, but would require a min. annual salary of £40600
2. As per new rules the cooling off period would apply for ict short term staff migrant visa? YES, if you're switching into Tier-2 General category or re-applying as T2 ICT Short-term category

Thanks,
Saran

saran08
Newly Registered

Post by saran08 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Is there any way to switch in to any other visa category other than tier 2 without cooling off period.

Thanks,
Saran

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:57 am

Thanks for the reply.
Is there any way to switch in to any other visa category other than tier 2 without cooling off period.

ONLY to Tier-4 (study visa) is possible without cooling-off, in case if you're planning for any full-time studies.

Thanks,
Saran

saran08
Newly Registered

Post by saran08 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:24 pm

Thank you very much.

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:23 pm

t2ict wrote:

1. As per new immigration rules is it possible to switch from tier2 ict short term staff migrant to other visa category ? The only option is to move into T2 ICT Long Term without any cooling-off, but would require a min. annual salary of £40600

Please note that you will need to go back to your home country and then apply for LONG term visa and come back on new UK entry stamp. All further long term extensions can be done while being in UK.

rahulmishra
Newly Registered

Post by rahulmishra » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:38 pm

Hi,

I my company applied for UK Short term staff migrant Tier 2 ICT multiple entry for me,valid from 28 Sept 13 to 31st Jan 14.After this they extended my short term till 28 Sept 2014 and I got Resident permit card multiple entry.

They are again applying for long term tier 2 ICT for me in mid of Aug,2014.

My queries are:

Do I need to go back to India to apply for long term tier 2 ICT visa ,providing the sponsor is same just the salary is changed as per long term rules.

Do I need to leave this role in UK,go back to India and again come back or I can continue with the current UK salary.

What would happen to the remaining days for my short term Visa as I will be coming to UK before its expiry with a new long term Visa.

In UKBA website it is mentioned that I can switch from short to long term provided :

You must already be in the UK under one of the following visas or schemes:

Intra-company Transfer - Established Staff(Am I in the same category right now?)
Intra-company Transfer granted before 6 April 2010
Intra-company Transfer Work Permit (except multiple entry work permits )

Is the above applicable for me.

Please help.

Harisaran
Newly Registered

Post by Harisaran » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:15 am

vishpb35 wrote:
t2ict wrote:

Please note that you will need to go back to your home country and then apply for LONG term visa and come back on new UK entry stamp. All further long term extensions can be done while being in UK.
Hi All,

Currently I am in ICT Tier 2 Short term visa which is valid till May 2015. Now I would like to extend my ICT Tier 2 Short term visa to ICT Tier 2 Long term visa.

My employer is okay to travel to home country and process ICT Long term term within couple of weeks, but my company immigration team says that I needs to serve 3 months cooling off period in home country to initiate ICT Long term, Is it mandatory to have 3 months cooling off period. Is there anyway that I can process my document when I am in UK and go to home country just for stamping and come back. Can anyone please suggest with reference

Thanks in advance.
Harisaran