ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalization ? covering letter ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

runie80
Member of Standing

Applying for Naturalization ? covering letter ?

Post by runie80 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:18 am

Hi Everyone.

I am thinking of writing a covering letter to accompany my Naturalization application.
Listening all the dates in chronological order.

just wanted to ask if anyone did that ? or will the NCS allow that letter to go with the application ?

I am set for my NCS appointment in April.

Anyone else sending documents in APRIL ?
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Applying for Naturalization ? covering letter ?

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:18 pm

The form asks you to list your absences in the form. What would be the purpose of the cover letter?
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

dadageer
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dadageer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:45 pm

runie80 wrote:Hi Everyone.

I am thinking of writing a covering letter to accompany my Naturalization application.
Listening all the dates in chronological order.

just wanted to ask if anyone did that ? or will the NCS allow that letter to go with the application ?

I am set for my NCS appointment in April.

Anyone else sending documents in APRIL ?
I wrote a long detailed covering letter when I was applying and took my application to NCS and they took it out and said no need of covering letter or anything extra. The more you add, the more Home office will take time so keep it nice and simple.
Not all those who wander are lost...

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Thanks Jamboo & Dadageer.

I was thinking that I explain them that last year we had a baby and my wife's maternity leave situation.
and her intention to go back to work (in next 2 months as self employed)

Also to inform them that i have missed 2 dream jobs in last month (after successful interview) just because the employer would not accept the expired sticker in my passport
as my lawful residence and legal right to work.

but I think I just submit the application with Normal documents and then if they have any questions i will submit the required info.
I dont wanna end up in situation where i lose money, waste time , get rejected and apply for EEA 4....
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:41 pm

No offence here but everything you said is irrelevant to the application.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)