ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Geting offered a job 3 weeks before my PSW visa expires?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

belladonna
Newly Registered

Geting offered a job 3 weeks before my PSW visa expires?

Post by belladonna » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:40 pm

I was last employed 6 months ago then took a break to pursue a professional diploma (to add to my masters degree as I'm switching fields) Been searching for work since.

My PSW visa expires in 3 weeks and I've finally had an employer that's interested in sponsoring me.
(The employer already holds a sponsor license and the job would be at level NQF 6. Also I've maintained the £900 funds)

Still unsure about a few things though:

-Am I still exempt from the labour market test solely based on the fact that I am in the UK under Tier 1 PSW? I keep seeing conflicting information, namely that I need to have worked for the employer for at least 6 months in order to be exempt from it.

-I'm also assuming I need to start working for them right away in order to start my tier 2 application? I know it will take them a few days to generate a certificate of sponsorship.

-Anything else that could potentially cause issues at this stage? My biggest worry is the labour market test.

Thanks!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Geting offered a job 3 weeks before my PSW visa expires?

Post by iworker » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:36 am

you dont need to have worked for them for 6 months.. rather, u dont even need to work for them before u apply for visa.
all u need is a COS, and apply before your current leave expires. u will need un restricted cos and will be exempt from RLMT.