ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) or FLR(M) extension?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sureshgarre
Newly Registered

SET(M) or FLR(M) extension?

Post by sureshgarre » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi,

My wife initially came to the UK as a Tier-1 dependant in January 2011. Her initial visa was issued for the period October 2010-September 2012. In September 2012, I was eligible for ILR. On the same day I got my ILR, she got her FLR(M) visa as an ILR dependant which is her current visa. It was issued in September 2012 and valid until September 2014.

My question is can she apply for ILR using SET(M) right now or does she need to go for FLR(M) extension 1 month before her FLR(M) visa expires? Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: SET(M) or FLR(M) extension?

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:56 pm

As you said you got ILR same day it means you are on work permit if it so then your wife can apply for ILR through set(o) form but I am not expert wait for some senior member and they will ans you .
ss

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:58 pm

SET(M) right now (287(a)(i)(d)), B1 English and LIUK required. The OP was not on a work permit but rather PBS.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sureshgarre
Newly Registered

Post by sureshgarre » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:16 am

Thanks Amber for your reply..

Is a B1 English mandatory? When she got her FLR(M), she only submitted her original degree certificate and the PBS calculator printout that showed points awarded for her degree.

Also the link https://www.gov.uk/english-language states that either a B1 english or a degree taught in english is sufficient. I am confused, can you please clarify if you don't mind. I was thinking just the degree certificate + PBS calculator printout would suffice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:37 am

A print out of awarded points should again suffice B1 in addition to LIUK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sureshgarre
Newly Registered

Post by sureshgarre » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:00 am

Thanks Amber