ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS X Solicitor

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joaosiriano2204
Newly Registered

NCS X Solicitor

Post by joaosiriano2204 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi everyone, can anyone help please !!! Basically i am a family member of an EEA. I came to the UK in April 2008 with an entry clearance stamp on my passport valid for 6 months, then i applied for resident card. I got it for 5 years that will end next 16th/April. Now is my question: Been in the UK since april/2008 as a family member of an EEA , (6 years) , do I have to apply for permanent residency (EEA4) or can i apply straight to British Citizenship without the permanent residency stamp on my passport ? My solicitor said that i can, but when i called to the NCS to book the appointment, i`ve been told that i should have the stamp of permanent residency on my psst before apply for BC because i have to prove i am free from immigration control. As i understood i get automatically permanent residency after 5 years in the UK . I forgot to say above that i am a family member but we are not married and not in a civil partnership but we still together since then.

thank you

SouthWest1

Re: NCS X Solicitor

Post by SouthWest1 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:33 pm

i came across a forum before saying "unmarried couple" as in your case do not qualify for BC without a permanent stamp in the non Eu passport.
not sure of course if this is correct or not. may be more experienced members/ gurus can confirm?

johnj1

Re: NCS X Solicitor

Post by johnj1 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:50 pm

If you are not EEA citizen, you must have Permanent Residence Permit, then wait for a year before applying for BC.