ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company Name Changed: Will that affect?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Achtung

Company Name Changed: Will that affect?

Post by Achtung » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:30 pm

Hi all,

Now my period of claim is Apr 06 to Mar 07...

My company name was XYZ Software India Pvt Ltd till Dec 06 and now it is rechristened to XYZ Semiconductor India Pvt Ltd till date. My company name is famous for XYZ.

I have my payslips which shows the first name till Dec 06 and then the new name till Mar 07.

I have got the letter from the employer which states the employer name as XYZ Semiconductor India Pvt Ltd (the new name) for the full period of claim.

I don't have a solid proof that my company name was changed.

Should I explain my case in the covering letter?
Or should I not mention it so that I don't create doubts in the caseworker's mind.

Please suggest!!! What to do now? I am on the verge of filing my HSMP application. Help me!

apeterso925

Re: Company Name Changed: Will that affect?

Post by apeterso925 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:52 pm

Is there any way you can go back to your employer and get a new letter? I had the same issue, my company's name changed partway through the pay period I am using.

In the letter from my employer, the following phrase is included:

"Applicant is an employee of XYZ Company (formerly known as ZYX Company)"

I don't have approval yet, so I can't say for certain if that's good enough, but I'm not worried (not about that at least!).

If you can't get a new letter, perhaps you can just include a short explanation in your cover letter? Are there any news articles or press releases that discuss the name change? Perhaps you can include a copy with your application.

Are you including bank statements and do the deposits show the old, then eventually the new name?

Amy

Achtung wrote:Hi all,

Now my period of claim is Apr 06 to Mar 07...

My company name was XYZ Software India Pvt Ltd till Dec 06 and now it is rechristened to XYZ Semiconductor India Pvt Ltd till date. My company name is famous for XYZ.

I have my payslips which shows the first name till Dec 06 and then the new name till Mar 07.

I have got the letter from the employer which states the employer name as XYZ Semiconductor India Pvt Ltd (the new name) for the full period of claim.

I don't have a solid proof that my company name was changed.

Should I explain my case in the covering letter?
Or should I not mention it so that I don't create doubts in the caseworker's mind.

Please suggest!!! What to do now? I am on the verge of filing my HSMP application. Help me!

Achtung

further explanation

Post by Achtung » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:05 pm

thanks Amy for the lightening fast reply!

Well just to explain my case my company is well known worldwide with XYZ with the company website as www.xyz.com.

In India where I work they have their office previously named as XYZ Software India Pvt Ltd and now XYZ Semiconductor India Pvt Ltd.

So effectively there is a minimal change as the XYZ remains the same. The change in the name happened because of some legal issues here in India but essentially the name XYZ is kept the same.

My bank statements show SAL XYZ.

Ok there were no press releases as such as it was a minor change. But I do have the official mail intimating all the employees about teh name change.

Now what do you suggest? Please comment!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:18 pm

You do not actually say where the company is incorporated and I am not going to assume that is India, although that could be likely.

Anyway, can you look at the website of the "Companies House" in the country concerned? Is it possible to look at the entry for the company? If so printing out that page would give official confirmation of the change of company name.

This is certainly possible on the UK's Companies House website. Possible in the country of incorporation?
John

apeterso925

Re: further explanation

Post by apeterso925 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:18 pm

Ok there were no press releases as such as it was a minor change. But I do have the official mail intimating all the employees about teh name change.

Now what do you suggest? Please comment![/quote]

That would be good to include and John's suggestion was a good idea too, printing the website.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:52 pm

Well the IND changed its name BIA
Why would they have a problem with your company's name change?

Achtung

No info in the website

Post by Achtung » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:18 pm

@SYH I really hope my caseworker thinks like you...:)

Well my company is not an Indian company. I checked out the site and went to the India section...it names my centre but the full name is not given there.

Huh! what do I do now?

Just attach the mail...and explain it in my cover letter...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:14 pm

Well my company is not an Indian company.
If it is not an Indian company, can I ask where in the world it is registered?
John

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:56 am

It is a US based company having offices here in India.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:22 am

OK, can you look at the registry online where the company is registered? If so you might be able to see information online.

For example, if it is a Delaware corporation, this webpage might assist you.
John

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:37 am

You have sent me a PM giving the name of the company. Obviously I am not going to disclose that name publicly. However whilst its operating office is in a different State, the URL you provided to the company website, and the link there to "Investor relations" shows that it is indeed a Delaware corporation.

I now see that the Dalaware website I provided a link to above is not "open for business" at the weekend but when it is open I would expect you to be able to get confirmation of the change of name that you seek.
John