ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR when to apply

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sahisunny123
Newly Registered

ILR when to apply

Post by sahisunny123 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:39 pm

hi,

I am currently holding ILR from feb 2013.at that my wife hasnt completed 2 years of stay hence she has been granted FLR(M). from oct 2013 she has finished 2 years period. I am struggling to find information. someone told me that because i have shifted my visa from Tier 1 to ILR, the 2 years period should start from the day i have got ILR and time spent before is not valid as i have changed my visa from tier 1 to ILR. Is this true? does time spent before ILR is not valid? can i apply ILR for my wife now? or i have to wait for some more time so that 2 years from i got ILR is finished? can some one please help me with this.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: ILR when to apply

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Rules are changing from 6 April for the dependents of long residence ILR holder and other categories which are not direct to settlement like tier 1 psw.i have no idea which tier you are talking about but still before 6 April if her 2 year completed she can apply because that this time you can combine pbs dependent time with ILR dependent time to complete two years
ss