ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian High Commission London - Add spouse name in passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sneha17
Newly Registered

Indian High Commission London - Add spouse name in passport

Post by sneha17 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:59 pm

Hello,

I would like add my spouse name in my Indian passport. I checked indian high commission london website https://www.hcilondon.in but couldn't find an appropriate application form.

Can you please provide me information regarding :
1. The application form for addition of spouse name in passport
2. Can I send the application form along with the documents through post ?
3. Are these documents - mine and my husband's passport & biometric cards, application form, marriage certificate along with all the documents photocopies and postal order - sufficient or anymore documents to be submitted ?
4. What is the processing times if I apply through post ?

Many Thanks,
Sneha

ban.s

Re: Indian High Commission London - Add spouse name in passp

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:23 pm

You need to apply for a new passport.

refer to the instructions at https://www.hcilondon.in/passport.html under sub-section Addition/Deletion of Spouse’s name

sneha17
Newly Registered

Post by sneha17 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Thank you very much for the information. :)

tier2_cts

Post by tier2_cts » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi All,

My passport will expire soon. I am planning to applying for re-issue of passport in a week or 2.
I request you all to help me out to complete the application form.

1. Application for Indian passport: I am applying for re-issue of passport since my current passport is getting expired. I got married recently hence I don’t have my spouse name, I want to add my spouse in the new passport. So should I have to tick both Re-issue of passport and Miscellaneous Service options?
2. Question No: 7 – Full name of father – Should I have to write down first name + surname or just first name? Please note, my current passport has only first name.
3. Question No: 8 – Full name of mother – Should I have to write down first name + surname or just first name? Please note, my current passport has only first name.
4. Question No: 14 – Full name of spouse – Should I have to write down first name + surname or just first name?
5. Question No: 26 – Details of the service required (If applying for misc. service) : Should I have write down “addition of spouse name”?

Also could you please let me know if the below documents are sufficient enough?

1. Current passport
2. Original BRP card
3. Photocopies of passport first page , last page and expired visa pages (self-attested)
4. Photocopy of BRP card (self- attested)
5. Special delivery cover
6. 4 photos
7. Fee
8. Original Marriage certificate (Self-attested)
9. Spouse original passport ---------- Do I need this?
10. Original spouse BRP card
11. Photocopies of spouse passport first page , last page and expired visa pages (self-attested)
12. Photocopy of spouse BRP card (self- attested)

Please note : I am not going to change my permanent address. Going to apply for re-issue of new passport as my current passport is getting expired and add my spouse name in my new passport.

Thanks.

Applu Rose
Newly Registered

Post by Applu Rose » Mon May 12, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi,

I am in a very similar situation. I would like to apply for my passport renewal at the High Commission of India in London. I would like to add my spouse's name in my passport as well. So is it fine if I tick the options for 'Re-issue of passport' and 'Miscellaneous services' and then give the details on the application form?
Please advice me.....
waiting for your reply...

regards
Rose