ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice plzz

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sri172
Newly Registered

Advice plzz

Post by sri172 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:56 pm

HI experts,
came to uk on student visa valid from 2007-2010
PSW 2010-2012
married 2012 in UK
spouse went to Home country
Applied Tier 1 entrepreneur 2012
refused 2013
appeal feb 2014 withdrawn
reapplied Applied Tier 1 entrepreneur mar-2014
but , I am not sure when will I get my visa?my spouse want to come to UK. can she apply student visa?
after she came to UK, in case if my visa is rejected ,can i apply as her dependent ?
If I apply as dependent will i be eligible for ILR later ?

searoze

Re: Advice plzz

Post by searoze » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:08 am

can she apply student visa?
after she came to UK, in case if my visa is rejected ,can i apply as her dependent ?
Yes she can

Yes you can apply for her dependent if she meets the criteria. (Level 7 course, 12 months or more, HEI etc. Not sure if you can switch with in the UK but surely you can from outside the UK).

If you switch in country or outside the country, either way your time will be counted towards 10 years long residency if you come back with in 180 days (if you apply outside UK).
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Re: Advice plzz

Post by cpmlkhan » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:26 pm

sri172 wrote:HI experts,
came to uk on student visa valid from 2007-2010
PSW 2010-2012
married 2012 in UK
spouse went to Home country
Applied Tier 1 entrepreneur 2012
refused 2013
appeal feb 2014 withdrawn
reapplied Applied Tier 1 entrepreneur mar-2014
but , I am not sure when will I get my visa?my spouse want to come to UK. can she apply student visa?

1st of all best of luck for your application, Hopefully you have prepared your documents professionally this time.
2) Yes she can come on student visa but you can not switch your visa as her dependent inside the UK
3) You will not be able to get ILR on 10 years long residency if Your visa rejects & you go outside the country for dependent visa.