ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M B1 level will be acceptable or it has to be A1 level

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

azka

FLR M B1 level will be acceptable or it has to be A1 level

Post by azka » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:53 pm

could anyone please suggest me my wife has passed b1 level which is acceptable for set m but FLR m they require a1 level when she apply will she be ok for FLR M B1 level will be acceptable or it has to be A1 level

ahyang0129

Re: FLR M B1 level will be acceptable or it has to be A1 lev

Post by ahyang0129 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:45 am

azka wrote:could anyone please suggest me my wife has passed b1 level which is acceptable for set m but FLR m they require a1 level when she apply will she be ok for FLR M B1 level will be acceptable or it has to be A1 level
"passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level A1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening"

but: E-LTRP.4.1.(B) have passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with a provider approved by the Secretary of State;

the new gov.uk website is shit

azka

Post by azka » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:52 am

ahyang0129 wrote:
azka wrote:could anyone please suggest me my wife has passed b1 level which is acceptable for set m but FLR m they require a1 level when she apply will she be ok for FLR M B1 level will be acceptable or it has to be A1 level
"passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level A1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening"

but: E-LTRP.4.1.(B) have passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with a provider approved by the Secretary of State;

the new gov.uk website is shit
so that mean i will be alright applying flrM along with b1 level test passed ??

ahyang0129

Post by ahyang0129 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:46 am

yes, make sure it is on the approved test list and check the requird documents for submission (certificate, result report, &c.).

newhorizon2014
Newly Registered

Post by newhorizon2014 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:22 am

ahyang0129 wrote:yes, make sure it is on the approved test list and check the required documents for submission (certificate, result report, &c.).
Hi ahyang0129,

Could you please spare few minutes and provide me the list of documents I needed to attached with my FLR(M) for english language requirement.

I will be attaching certificate, could you tell me exactly what else need attaching to prove English language requirement.

Kind Regards

Tahakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Tahakhan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:43 pm

Hey
Did you get approval of visa on B1 instead of A1. I am just wondering as one of my friend got refusal by submitting B1 instead of A1, and they said that that it was not approved qualification.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:11 pm

Tahakhan wrote:Hey
Did you get approval of visa on B1 instead of A1. I am just wondering as one of my friend got refusal by submitting B1 instead of A1, and they said that that it was not approved qualification.
B1 is a higher and better level than A1 so highly unlikely that your friend was refused because of the level he did. More likely that he was refused due to the test or test centre not being on the approved test provider list. There are 100's of places on the internet claiming to be HO approved when in fact they are not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tahakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Tahakhan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:38 pm

CR001
I think there was confusion between home office list and applicant.
He had B1 qualification from Pearson/Edexcel, which is approved for Settlement application as per UKBA guidiline. Peasron/Edexcel qualification is approved and listed in OFQUAL.
Now the issue is if a qualification is approved for settlement why it can't be for visas. I just can't understand Home office policy for all this English requirements.

siftkhanz

Post by siftkhanz » Thu May 12, 2016 10:11 am

Apologies if this question has been asked before

I am going to apply FLR M for my wife this year and she needs A1 for english language

My question is my wife has done ALevels from back home with University of Cambridge providing certificate can it be used that she has good understanding of English ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:17 am

siftkhanz wrote:Apologies if this question has been asked before

I am going to apply FLR M for my wife this year and she needs A1 for english language

My question is my wife has done ALevels from back home with University of Cambridge providing certificate can it be used that she has good understanding of English ?

Thanks
A Levels are not accepted. She needs to do the A1 test through an approved test provider per the HO list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Thu May 12, 2016 10:30 am

Hi,

Mi wife did IELTS via the British Council (speaking and listening) A1 . She did one back home but they were not on the approved list any more.

Try British Council or trinity college. They are both on the approved list.

http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ielts-ukvi

http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id= ... paign=selt

vinuk
Newly Registered

Post by vinuk » Thu May 19, 2016 7:49 am

CR001 wrote:

Thanks
A Levels are not accepted. She needs to do the A1 test through an approved test provider per the HO list.
I quote the above comment because surely to get FLR m you now need A2 and so A1 is not good enough.

Please comment

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:00 am

vinuk wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks
I quote the above comment because surely to get FLR m you now need A2 and so A1 is not good enough.

Please comment
It is still A1 English. It has not changed yet to A2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

John Green

Post by John Green » Thu May 19, 2016 11:12 am

A couple of years ago, I was looking at these settlement language exams and the situation then was quite confusing. Since different examination boards gave their exams different "titles." So what Trinity classed as A1 another board might label as something else. I don't know why the UK government didn't tell them to call these exams by the same label or title to avoid complications or confusion, so that for example they need to pass "A1" for a spouse visa and all the examining boards explicitly say that they run A1 level tests.