ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need 6 months wage slips or 12 months (Spouse Visa)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the_silk_route

Do I need 6 months wage slips or 12 months (Spouse Visa)

Post by the_silk_route » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi,

I'd like some information regarding the number of payslips required for the Spouse Visa application for my wife.

My current yearly salary at my main job is £18k, but I also work part time on a 4 hour contract where my yearly salary is over £1,296 and have been working at this part time place for 6 years. I've been at my main job for over 6 months.

My main job payslips come up to £1500 a month, and part time job payslips come up to £108 a month.
So I have a total income of over £1608 a month with the 2 jobs combined, which is £19,296 a year.

My question is can I apply for the spouse visa with 6 months worth of payslips for each job (12 in total) or do I have to wait for 12 months worth of payslips (24 in total) before I can apply just because I'm working 2 jobs?

I'm hoping to apply soon by providing 6 months worth of payslips from each job, is this possible?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could please shed some light on this issue.

Many thanks in advance! 8)

the_silk_route

Re: Do I need 6 months wage slips or 12 months (Spouse Visa)

Post by the_silk_route » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:01 am

Please help anyone!? :(

Amber_ can you please shed some light on this issue please

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:15 am

If you have been in both jobs for 6 months or more you can use Category A and supply 6 months worth of payslips and bank statements.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:56 am

I have been at my part time job for 5 years, and will be at my full time job which I started after graduating for just over 6 months at the time when I apply for the Visa.

So it "IS" possible to apply under Category A using 2 jobs combined and 6 months wage slips from each job to make make up for the £1550 a month using both wage slips from each job combined? Bank statements also correspond to the wage slips with regards amount and date payed in.

So I'm guessing when I apply under Category A they will:

1) Add both wage slips for each month together to get total monthly income from both jobs.
2) Use the lowest total out of the 6 months and x 12 to see if I exceed £18,600

This is what my wage slips show for my main job and part time job. Can I apply by submitting these under cat A?
Month 1: 1385 + 260
Month 2: 1500 + 180
Month 3: 1500 + 180
Month 4: 1500 + 180
Month 5: 1500 + 180
Month 6: 1500 + 180

Is this correct? Can this be done under Category A or am I worrying too much?
Is there an option to add 2 job details in Category A?

Thanks

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:39 pm

Yes you are worrying too much, but I was in your position under a year ago so I know the feeling LOL.

You can add the details for job #2 in the section at the end of the form where you put any additional info, or you can simply print the page for job #1 again and input the info then attach it.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks for that! I've been really worried that I'd have to wait for 12 months just because i'm using 2 jobs to make up for the income requirements.

I was under the impression that you can ONLY apply for Category A if work ONE job to meet the requirements for over 6 months and NOT 2 jobs to meet the requirements.

But I'd have met the financial requirement using combined income from both of my jobs, both of which i've been working at for more than 6 months.

So hopefully if i submit 6 months payslips from each job, 6 months from my main job and 6 months from my part time job, and meet the minimum monthly requirement of £1550 each and every month when combining these wages, and have bank statements to show, I should be perfectly fine right?

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi

sorry to jump in but I am in the same position aswell,

I work full time and earn £17510 per annum and is paid in the bank , worked there for 5 years

I have a second job that is part time but permanent, 1 day a week @ £144 per day (gross) and work every Saturday so on a monthly basis my wage is different depending on how many Saturdays there are in the month and is paid cash, i have been there for 3 months now BUT im hoping to apply for my spouse visa after i get the 6th month wage slip ,

how many wage months would i need to show wage slips and bank statements for?

my p60 will be over the £18600 mark at the end of this month,

Please advise

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:53 am

the_silk_route wrote:Thanks for that! I've been really worried that I'd have to wait for 12 months just because i'm using 2 jobs to make up for the income requirements.

I was under the impression that you can ONLY apply for Category A if work ONE job to meet the requirements for over 6 months and NOT 2 jobs to meet the requirements.

But I'd have met the financial requirement using combined income from both of my jobs, both of which i've been working at for more than 6 months.

So hopefully if i submit 6 months payslips from each job, 6 months from my main job and 6 months from my part time job, and meet the minimum monthly requirement of £1550 each and every month when combining these wages, and have bank statements to show, I should be perfectly fine right?
Initially it was thought only one job could be used for Cat A because there is only space on the form for one job, however people have been successful with 2. It doesn't state anywhere that a 2nd job cannot be used, it's just the layout of the form.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 am

sully_06 wrote:Hi

sorry to jump in but I am in the same position aswell,

I work full time and earn £17510 per annum and is paid in the bank , worked there for 5 years

I have a second job that is part time but permanent, 1 day a week @ £144 per day (gross) and work every Saturday so on a monthly basis my wage is different depending on how many Saturdays there are in the month and is paid cash, i have been there for 3 months now BUT im hoping to apply for my spouse visa after i get the 6th month wage slip ,

how many wage months would i need to show wage slips and bank statements for?

my p60 will be over the £18600 mark at the end of this month,

Please advise
As you are paid in cash you need to ensure you deposit the full amount for it to be counted as part of your salary. Once you have your 6th payslip you can apply using Cat A with 6 payslips from each job and 6 bank statements.

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:37 am

Hi

Thanks for the reply, what do you mean by "As you are paid in cash you need to ensure you deposit the full amount for it to be counted as part of your salary" i am abit lost by this

BUT under Cat A i can only put in one Job that is my main job ? i cannot put my part time jobs in withought going into Cat B by the looks of it so how would i do it?

Please advise

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:41 pm

You said 'paid cash' so I assumed you meant cash in hand rather than paid into your bank account. If that's the case then you need to ensure you pay it all into your account otherwise it won't be counted in the calculation.

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 pm

THANKS!

its a legit part time job and its through the books and everything and I will get a P60 for it and wage slips and Inland revenue can prove this , they just pay me cash every month after tax etc rather than put it into my bank account

the only thing is I don't put it in the bank as this is what I used to save up and get married rather taking it out the bank ,.

are you sure this is going to be a problem?

euroyousuf
Newly Registered

Post by euroyousuf » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:11 pm

hi i have submited my p60 showing i earned 9600 foe last six motn as i started working with the company only six months ago and i also submite my reamining pay slips so total 8 pay slips with p60 but visa officer said i did not fill full the tresh hold how can i earn before time my whole years pay slips pleas reply

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:45 am

The rule states the money must reflect in your account,it will be difficult to proof this as you've not been paying it into your account.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:53 am

@ euroyousuf,think you need to state the exact words as written by ECO,if you've earned 9600 as you've stated there's no reason why you should be refused. I suggest you post the exact text of the refusal.Obviously something is missing or the ECO made a mistake.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:58 pm

You should have added a note to the P60 stating that you only met the threshold for the last 8 months so the P60 would not reflect an entire year's salary.

Indianandproud
Newly Registered

Post by Indianandproud » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:38 pm

Did you get your visa?

Someone please help me

I am applyin for wife india and i have put the following documents in because i am meeting the income of 18600 with 2 jobs.

I am giving 2 employment letters 1 is partime and 1 is fulltime
Fulltime 15500
Partime 7200
Over exceeding with the financial requierment
I started the partime job in january so i got payslip for 6 months and bank statements proving that my eages is paid into my account.
Fulltime job i got 6 months payslips also proving the same as above.
Both letters state that i am a permenant employee.
I also put in letters for my newcflat i have rented out 3 months ago with letters from the estate agents that it will not be overcrowded and 3 months reciepts, however i have not shown proof of the rent going out my account because i was using cash savings to pay the rent.
I have made it clear in the application form that i will be moving there after my wife gets her visa and right now i am furtinshing the place and getting the flat prepared before my wife moves in will this be a valid reason???????????
I have also included whats app conversations and tango video call evidence and also photos that we went to saudi arabia together.
I have done the relevant applications form like appendix and sponsorship forms.
And also wedding photos marriage ceritficate and her english and her medical bits.

Please tell me if i am missing anything ???

basilaki
Newly Registered

wageslips dont match bank statements can i apply for spouse

Post by basilaki » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:37 am

hi

a quick question

i am going to apply for my a spouse visa for my wife in Pakistan. I am a British Citizen. I have been employed at the same company since August 2012. My wage slips don't match my bank statements FOR THE MONTHS APRIL & MAY, will this be a problem. The reason for this is I Contributed towards my parking at the office, which costs £165 a month but i only £100.56 towards the parking. my company is happy to provide a letter to confirm this. My wage was increase to Gross £20k in june and i was given the parking space for free. CAN I STILL APPLY FOR A SPOUSE VISA OR NOT.

My P60 for 2013 is £10 850.00
My P60 for 2014 is £13 500.00

My wage is as follows- all monies are transferred via BACS payment from my company.

April 2014 Gross pay is £1 550.00 Net Pay is £1300.56 Money Paid In Bank Account is £1200.00
May 2014 Gross pay is £1 550.00 Net Pay is £1300.36 Money Paid In Bank Account is £1200.00
June 2014 Gross pay is £1 666.66 Net Pay is £1379.62 Money Paid In Bank Account is £1379.62
July 2014 Gross pay is £1 666.66 Net Pay is £1379.82 Money Paid In Bank Account is £1379.62
August 2014 Gross pay is £1 666.66 Net Pay is £1379.62 Money Paid In Bank Account is £1379.62
September2014 Gross pay is £1 666.66 Net Pay is £1379.62 Money Paid In Bank Account is £1379.62

THANKS - ANY OTHER ADVICE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED

PLEASE REPLY ASAP

rosiemct
Newly Registered

Post by rosiemct » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:46 am

Hi there,

Please can anyone confirm whether they applied successfully with 2 jobs under category A?? Does this also apply to the Fiancee visa?? I just see people asking the question but never seem to be able to confirm whether it is actually possible. Did you have any issues the_silk_route??

Kindest Regards

Rosie

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:46 pm

rosiemct wrote:Hi there,

Please can anyone confirm whether they applied successfully with 2 jobs under category A?? Does this also apply to the Fiancee visa?? I just see people asking the question but never seem to be able to confirm whether it is actually possible. Did you have any issues the_silk_route??

Kindest Regards

Rosie

Hi Rosie,

I haven't been on this forum for months now, but when I logged in today I was surprised to see my opening post at the top! I was really worried when I was in the applying stages of my wife's spousal visa, but all the patience has paid off as she was granted her visa in November 2014 after a 5 month wait for a decision! Shes been here for over 6 months now and settled in well! :D

We applied under CAT A using 2 jobs, as my main job at the time wasn't enough to satisfy the requirements.
Applied under CAT A, 2 jobs, 6 months payslips for each, and all was perfect and we got the visa issued the first time round!
I'd imagine it is the same for Fiancee visa as essentially you're trying to show adequate income, so it should be perfectly fine for a Spousal Visa or a Finacee Visa.

Hope it all works out for you! Good luck! :D

rosiemct
Newly Registered

Post by rosiemct » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks so much for getting back to me! I'm so glad it all went well but am a bit worried by the length of time you had to wait??

It is showing now that the average time is 15 days? Where is your wife from? Did it relate to her home country I wonder? My partner is from the U.S and the time scales seem to be really short.

Thanks again :)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:33 pm

Timescales vary from country to country - US does seem to be quicker at processing than other countries. As the OP said, using 2 jobs is fine you just need to make sure that you have the required documents for both.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:58 pm

rosiemct wrote:Thanks so much for getting back to me! I'm so glad it all went well but am a bit worried by the length of time you had to wait??

It is showing now that the average time is 15 days? Where is your wife from? Did it relate to her home country I wonder? My partner is from the U.S and the time scales seem to be really short.

Thanks again :)

Hi, yes timescales vary greatly depending on the country and will be considerably longer for certain countries, as in our case. My wife is from Pakistan, and during the time which we applied there was a huge backlog which slowed things down even further. We though we were going to get a reply within 4 weeks, but ended up waiting 5 months. But, as they say, good things come to those who wait!

So for someone applying from the US, I'd imagine the normal US processing times will apply, 15 days in your case.

Applying with 2 jobs is perfectly fine as long as all the paperwork is in order.

Thanks and good luck! :) :)

rosiemct
Newly Registered

Post by rosiemct » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:12 pm

Thank you ever so much! It's so good to hear personal stories. I fret so much and tie myself in knots worrying. I'm currently panicking that they won't let him in the country when he comes to visit me for 5 weeks from August! You don't need a visa to visit the UK for up to 6 months from the U.S bit is all at the discretion of the point of entry border control staff. I read so many horror stories. I know i'm being daft but the idea of him getting here and being at the other side of a wall somewhere whilst I wait in arrivals having not seen him for 5 months at that point and then him getting sent back (though he has v ample savings, a house to go back to in the US, a return ticket etc, no criminal record or visa/immigration issues). I really am being a worst case scenario loony! Has anyone had any issues with partners visiting pre immigration visa steps? (Obviously we won't be applying until he's back in the U.S so he can get his biometrics done etc.)

Also, did you use an immigration lawyer or just do it yourself? I am fairly certain I could manage it but wondering whether we should get the help for piece of mind. I have been quoted £400 which seemed quite reasonable as had also been quoted £1000!

Any advice much appreciated.

Thank you very much again :)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:11 pm

From what you have said your application should be fairly straight forward, I'm sure you could do it without professional assistance.