ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLAB visa and tier 2 issue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raeesaman
Newly Registered

PLAB visa and tier 2 issue

Post by raeesaman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Hellos everyone

I wanted some advice regarding my visa issue which has become such a pain. I came to the uk for plab1 exam in may 2013.i was given a very short term visa of 3months so i had to apply for an extension to appear in plab2. My visa was rejected on some wrong grounds of private life for which i had appealed. I gave my exam in october. My appeal hearing was on 28 jan 2014 when the Home Office people did not show up and the judge gave the decision to reconsider my case since it was a big careless mistake by the Home Office case worker. Since then i have no received any reply. Now my issue is
1. MY GMC registration is stuck because i need to show them my passport for identification
2. I have been offered a job in Kent and the sponsorship certificate has also been issued which expires in june.

what will be the wise step to take? My solicitor is hopeless! he has not done a thing and i have failed to make any contact with the UKBA. I want to withdraw but my fear is the issues which they might raise in my Tier 2 visa.I am totally confused on what to do. I am a pakistani national.

Any positive advice on this regard will be highly appreciated.
Dr Raeesa

Apam

Re: PLAB visa and tier 2 issue

Post by Apam » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Sorry to hear about your issues.
Probably don't withdraw your appeal. If you do, you may get yiur passport back very quickly, but in theory you would have overstayed for visitor's visa and that could cost you when you go back home and apply for tier 2.
Keep emailing and calling ukba until they respond.
Hold fire until your extension is reconsidered by ukba, in that case you'll have a clean immigration history.
For your cos which expires in june, let's hope it will all be over before that otherwise your sponsor will need to give you a new one...which is usually not a problem for doctors anyway.
GMC registration is not a priority for now. Sort out immigration and the rest will follow.
Good luck and keep us informed of progress.

raeesaman
Newly Registered

Post by raeesaman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:35 am

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.
I am aware of the possible issues with my tier2 but im afraid they are not going to re issue the sponsorship again...secondly GMC registration rules are changing in June which is going to be another mess for me....

I call them everyday but no one picks it up. Emailing as well...requested Mp too but unfortunately she has not received any reply either.... :(

My Solicitor is a big loser...

I think ill wait for another weekkk.....

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:57 am

it is normal for ukba not to send back docs after failing to appear at hearing.
I think if u have the paperwork and withdraw ur application, u can go back home and apply for new visa with the cos u have.
contact gmc, and maybe give them a visit to show all other docs (including good standing, degree etc), and mention whats happenign with passport. In that way as soon as u have the passport, u can go there next day to show them passport.

I will suggest keep emailing home office and try giving them a call everyday..
good luck

raeesaman
Newly Registered

Post by raeesaman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 am

I do that every single day but in vain...My solicitor sayss they have spoken to the case workers and all i can do is wait....

About GMc...they closed my applicatn once because i could not present my passport in time.
I was waiting to get a reply from.the Mp so i guess ill wait this week and just go ahead with the withdrawal process on monday.

Thank you :)

raeesaman
Newly Registered

Post by raeesaman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:26 pm

hello everyone

I have received another rejection letter after re consideration of my case.

as i mentioned earlier i need my passport for the purpose of identification with the GMC. I do no wish to appeal all i want is to return to Pakistan asap but i need to get my registration. My fear is the return of my passport at the airport which will end up in complete wreckage for me.

my solicitor is a big loser. UKBA sheffield who hold my passport never pick up the phone...

please help.....its urgernt :(