ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally got my ILR Granted on Cardiff PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fslateef

Finally got my ILR Granted on Cardiff PEO

Post by fslateef » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Hello,

Thank God and Gurus/Members here in this forum for helping me. I got my (with 2 dependents) ILR approved at Cardiff PEO on 21st March 2014.

My case was quite straight forward. Wife and Son living with me from past 4.5 years, 2 jobs (first 6-months was jobless, 6-months and 4 years) full-time only during those 4 years 11 months. So nothing complicated.

I reached there 20 mins before appointment time, waited a bit and then called and submitted documents. Then waited for approx 30 mins for biometric enrollment and then asked to leave and wait for their call.

After an hour got call from PEO that our bio-metric have some issues and we have to give those again. We went back to PEO and gave bio-metric again. But there was some system issue and they were looking at it. In the meanwhile the lady at bio-metric told us that our application is approved and all they are waiting for this bio-metric issue to be resolved. This took an hour to fix and then we got our documents back with approval letter.

Overall nice experience and took around 4 hours in total time.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Fawad Lateef

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Finally got my ILR Granted on Cardiff PEO

Post by smartkhan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi Fawad,

Did you apply under Tier 1? 90 days concession rule? Your dates please? Is the parking free near Cardiff PEO? Please update with the details.

Thanks

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:39 pm

Sorry, forgot to give these important details before.

I applied under Tier-1 (General). I had 2 extensions (had to go for 2nd extension due to UKBA call-center providing crap information so wasn't aware of 90-days concession before my 1st extension which I went for 4-months early).

Parking near Cardiff PEO is pay and display which is £5 for 10 hours or in another street £3.70 for 5 hours. There is also £3 full-day parking also just at less than 10 mins walk.

I went to Cardiff, PEO for all my previous extension too. Staff there is always very helpful and quite environment.

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Thanks for the info and congratulations. Enjoy the party.

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Congratulations

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:27 pm

Thanks guys :)

Now have to start looking at naturalization process and requirements.

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience Fawad Lateef.