ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 or VAF2?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Brian
Newly Registered

EEA2 or VAF2?

Post by Brian » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:49 pm

A useful immigration resource, after all!
Thanks to everyone who has made this forum so informative, and here is another query:

I am an Indian citizen and will be making an application for settlement to the BHC in India, on the basis on my fiance who is a Czech national living and working in the UK.
Can someone please advise if it is the VAF2 form that I would require, or the EEA2?

Many thanks,
BC

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA2 or VAF2?

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:45 pm

Brian wrote:A useful immigration resource, after all!
Thanks to everyone who has made this forum so informative, and here is another query:

I am an Indian citizen and will be making an application for settlement to the BHC in India, on the basis on my fiance who is a Czech national living and working in the UK.
Can someone please advise if it is the VAF2 form that I would require, or the EEA2?

Many thanks,
BC
EEA2

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:24 am

Wrong,
EEA2 is for when the applicant is already in the UK.

Normally the form is VAF1 to ask a Family Permit (VAF2 is for settlement when the spouse is british citizen).

JAJ
Australia

Re: EEA2 or VAF2?

Post by JAJ » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:12 am

Brian wrote: I am an Indian citizen and will be making an application for settlement to the BHC in India, on the basis on my fiance who is a Czech national living and working in the UK.
How long has your Czech fiance lived in the UK and does he or she plan to become a British citizen in due course?

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Post by AksanaT » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:47 am

Hi you should use the form VAF1 (EEA Family permit) if you apply from your country.
My husband has dual citizenship (Greek/Brit) so when I applied for spouse visa within my country as spouse of British citizen I filled VAF2.
And later I applied for EEA Family Permit as the spouse of Greek citizen I used VAF1.
Good luck to you

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:43 am

Umm.. I don't think you can apply for the EEA Family Permit (EEAFP) as well. Fiance's are not eligible for the EEAFP as they are not covered under the EU laws. How long have you been living with your Czech Fiancee? And are you planning on getting married over here?
Jabi