ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr(M) financial requirement Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhamblues

Flr(M) financial requirement Query

Post by bhamblues » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi,
I have applied for Ilr long residency last month. I am applying FLR(m) for my wife next week. Just a quick question.

My wife came to UK as my dependant in Aug 2007 while I was holding Work Permit(Equivalent to Tier 2). She stayed the same until Aug 2010. In Sep 2010, she applied for Tier 4 and I joined her as Tier 4 dependant. Do I still need to fulfill £18,600 criteria?
Thanks
“Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies”

bhamblues

Re: Flr(M) financial requirement Query

Post by bhamblues » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Any thoughts on my case? Plz advise. Thanks

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:56 pm

bhamblues wrote:Hi,
I have applied for Ilr long residency last month. I am applying FLR(m) for my wife next week. Just a quick question.

My wife came to UK as my dependant in Aug 2007 while I was holding Work Permit(Equivalent to Tier 2). She stayed the same until Aug 2010. In Sep 2010, she applied for Tier 4 and I joined her as Tier 4 dependant. Do I still need to fulfill £18,600 criteria?
Thanks

Its a bit tricky but I think you don't need to meet financial requirement because first time she entered as your dependent and it was before 9th July 2012.

That's what I think but please seek professional advice.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 pm

tuliprose wrote:
bhamblues wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Its a bit tricky but I think you don't need to meet financial requirement because first time she entered as your dependent and it was before 9th July 2012.

That's what I think but please seek professional advice.
Hi Tuliprose,
Thanks for ur response. That's what I thought but my solicitor thinks I still need to fulfil financial criteria . Any other senior members have any thoughts on my case?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:25 pm

Your statement is confusing, is your wife a current PBS dep or not? Has she been since before July 2012?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Amber_ wrote:Your statement is confusing, is your wife a current PBS dep or not? Has she been since before July 2012?
Hi Amber,
My wife was Work Permit (Tier 2 ) Dependant from Aug 2007- Aug 2010
And In Sep 2010 moved to Tier 4 and subsequent Tier 1 Post Study valid until April 2014.
In other words, my wife was my (Tier 2) Dependant from Aug 2007-Aug 2010. And I am her Tier 4/PSW dependant since Sep 2010.
I have recently applied for ILR Long Residence since I came to UK in 2003. I am applying FLR(M) for my wife and would like to know if I need to fulfil the £18600 financial requirement. Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:37 am

Then she will be subject to the financial requirement under Annex FM 1.7.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:27 am

Thanks Amber. One last question.
If my ILR gets approved (god willing! ) and my wife gets her FLR(m) , when is the earliest she can apply for her settlement. I will be putting in her application before 6th April.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:56 pm

After 5 years (2xFLR(M)+1xSET(M)) or when 10 years lawful and continuous residence completes.