ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful SET(M) Application at PEO Croydon 26-03-2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Successful SET(M) Application at PEO Croydon 26-03-2014

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:39 pm

I want to share our experience today at PEO Croydon for my wife's SET(M) Application:

Time of Appointment 11:00am 26-03-2014
We had a call from UKV&I yestedray that we can come to PEO any time from 8am till 10:30 today.
9:45am, Time of arrival
(security guard was bit annoying that why were we early as he didn't had clue about the phone calls UKV&I made to the applicants for early arrival).
Security Cleared and through the lift to 3rd floor, I was first in the queue for the reference number to be issued; only waited about 2-3 mins before I was called to submit payment page, application form and passport of the applicant. Meanwhile my wife waited in the cafeteria.
10:10am our number was displayed on the LCD screen with announcement to head to counter 18 for registration.
A lady at the counter asked us to provide application form, passport, Biometric ID card, sponsor's(myself) passport and Biometric ID card & payment slip. We were given 3 document holders to put all supporting documents and their copies(couldn't fit in one as they were around 400 pages all together. She combined them with a very heavy duty elastic band and gave it back to us to take to Biometric section.
10:25am Registration completed and we were directed to have Biometric done, waited around another 3-4 mins before the reference number displayed on screen to proceed to counter 25.
10:40am Biometric completed and the application bundle was taken from us for processing and we were told that average waiting time is around hour and a half before we get the decision.
10:45am We head back to cafeteria. I kept close eyes on the screen and ears on announcements.
10:45am till 11:50 Screen Displayed our reference number is awaiting Biometric Results(CRB checks are done in Liverpool and system was very slow today but came to normal afterwards.
11:45am Status: Awaiting Consideration
11:55am Status: Under Consideration.
12:08pm Status: Big Reference on Screen, Ready for collection.

Proceeded to Counter 44, where a lady asked for reference number and after 5 secs looking into a small pile of folders she took our folder and said,"your application has been successful.
We are extremely delighted and All thanks to Almighty Allah, who is the best of the planner.

Overall time spent: 2 hrs and 23 mins. Experience: Excellent
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

suryavaddi

Re: Successful SET(M) Application at PEO Croydon 26-03-2014

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:59 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:I want to share our experience today at PEO Croydon for my wife's SET(M) Application:

Time of Appointment 11:00am 26-03-2014
We had a call from UKV&I yestedray that we can come to PEO any time from 8am till 10:30 today.
9:45am, Time of arrival
(security guard was bit annoying that why were we early as he didn't had clue about the phone calls UKV&I made to the applicants for early arrival).
Security Cleared and through the lift to 3rd floor, I was first in the queue for the reference number to be issued; only waited about 2-3 mins before I was called to submit payment page, application form and passport of the applicant. Meanwhile my wife waited in the cafeteria.
10:10am our number was displayed on the LCD screen with announcement to head to counter 18 for registration.
A lady at the counter asked us to provide application form, passport, Biometric ID card, sponsor's(myself) passport and Biometric ID card & payment slip. We were given 3 document holders to put all supporting documents and their copies(couldn't fit in one as they were around 400 pages all together. She combined them with a very heavy duty elastic band and gave it back to us to take to Biometric section.
10:25am Registration completed and we were directed to have Biometric done, waited around another 3-4 mins before the reference number displayed on screen to proceed to counter 25.
10:40am Biometric completed and the application bundle was taken from us for processing and we were told that average waiting time is around hour and a half before we get the decision.
10:45am We head back to cafeteria. I kept close eyes on the screen and ears on announcements.
10:45am till 11:50 Screen Displayed our reference number is awaiting Biometric Results(CRB checks are done in Liverpool and system was very slow today but came to normal afterwards.
11:45am Status: Awaiting Consideration
11:55am Status: Under Consideration.
12:08pm Status: Big Reference on Screen, Ready for collection.

Proceeded to Counter 44, where a lady asked for reference number and after 5 secs looking into a small pile of folders she took our folder and said,"your application has been successful.
We are extremely delighted and All thanks to Almighty Allah, who is the best of the planner.

Overall time spent: 2 hrs and 23 mins. Experience: Excellent
Hi Spidery_thread,

Congratulations..! If you don't mind, can I ask you that when did you get ILR, on which basis and which visa she got before this.
Could you please give details then it might help for all.
Surya

sureshgarre
Newly Registered

Post by sureshgarre » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi Spidery_thread,

Congrats on the visa..My wife will be applying for SET(M) as well in the next few weeks. Can you please share the list of documents you submitted? Thanks very much...

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Many Thanks Dear Fellow Members,

Back Ground:

Applicant had PBS dependent visa which was switched into 2 year(pre 9 July 2012) spouse route.

Residency requirement was met part under PBS dependent Visa + Spouse Visa(actual expiry Feb 2015) 2 years in total.

Applied ILR under Para 287(i)(d) (spouse of person settled in the UK) and 319aa of HC 395.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:33 pm

List of Documents for SET(M) Application:

1) Fully completed form SET(M) version 10/2013(always check on http://www.gov.uk that you are using the latest version of the form, even a night before applying)
2) LIUK Test Pass Report and all passport(expired and current with Biometric ID card if you have one).
3) Qualifications covering speaking and listening at B1 or above from the Secure English Language
Test (SELT) list in the Immigration Rules.
or
Any foreign Degree, which is declared comparable to UK Bachelors Degree by UK NARIC and was taught in English(Degree Certificate, Transcript & Medium of Instruction Letter by degree issuing University). I have used this option
4) Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate or Original
5) Certificate of Birth, Registration as British Citizen & British Passport for any child born in the UK.

Supporting Documents for Applicant
6) Any NHS Letters
7) Banks Statements x 24
8 ) Driving Licence
9) UKBA Letters
10) Official Polling Card
11) Sky Bills, BT, Virgin or Any media bills

Supporting Documents on Combined Names
12) Any Insurance Letter
13) Any Bank Letters
14) Council Tax Bills & Proof of Payment
15) Any Bank Statements x 24 (Salaried Account)
16) Letter & Fee Receipt from Children's School
17) Voter Registration Form
18) GP’s Confirmation of Address

Supporting Documents from Sponsor
19) Passport & Biometric ID Card
20) Employment Contract
21) Pay Slips (last 6 months)
22) Any Annual Statement
23) IPS Addressee Envelopes
24) Apple Invoice
25) Road Tax Reminder
26) Bank Statements x 24
27) Annual Statements
28) NHS Letter
29) V5 Certificate
20) Driving Licence both parts
31) Tenancy Agreement with Property Inspection Report
32) TV Licence
33) MP Letters
34) Misc Letters
35) Misc Pictures

Any Special Circumstances:

1) HMRC Tax Credit Letters
2) HMRC Child Benefit Letter
3) Housing Benefit Letter
4) Council Tax Letter Reduction Letter

Just add this statement in Section 8B, page 22 of SET(M) form version 10/2013 if the sponsor is claiming any of above.

To,
The Case Worker,
Dear Sir/Madam,

My husband/wife in receipt of Child Benefit, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit & Housing Benefit(delete as appropriate) in his/her own capacity and he/she is fully entitled to do so.

Paragraph 6A & B of Immigration rules states:
6A. For the purpose of these Rules, a person (P) is not to be regarded as having (or potentially having) recourse to public funds merely because P
is (or will be) reliant in whole or in part on public funds provided to P's sponsor unless, as a result of P's presence in the United Kingdom, the
sponsor is (or would be) entitled to increased or additional public funds (save where such entitlement to increased or additional public funds is by
virtue of P and the sponsor's joint entitlement to benefits under the regulations referred to in paragraph 6B).
6B. Subject to paragraph 6C, a person (P) shall not be regarded as having recourse to public funds if P is entitled to benefits specified under section
115 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 by virtue of regulations made under sub-sections (3) and (4) of that section or section 42 of the Tax
Credits Act 2002.

By granting me Indefinite Leave to Remain will have no effect on these benefits and they will not increase.

Copies of all supporting documents.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 am

Spidery_thread wrote:List of Documents for SET(M) Application:

1) Fully completed form SET(M) version 10/2013(always check on http://www.gov.uk that you are using the latest version of the form, even a night before applying)
2) LIUK Test Pass Report and all passport(expired and current with Biometric ID card if you have one).
3) Qualifications covering speaking and listening at B1 or above from the Secure English Language
Test (SELT) list in the Immigration Rules.
or
Any foreign Degree, which is declared comparable to UK Bachelors Degree by UK NARIC and was taught in English(Degree Certificate, Transcript & Medium of Instruction Letter by degree issuing University). I have used this option
4) Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate or Original
5) Certificate of Birth, Registration as British Citizen & British Passport for any child born in the UK.

Supporting Documents for Applicant
6) Any NHS Letters
7) Banks Statements x 24
8 ) Driving Licence
9) UKBA Letters
10) Official Polling Card
11) Sky Bills, BT, Virgin or Any media bills

Supporting Documents on Combined Names
12) Any Insurance Letter
13) Any Bank Letters
14) Council Tax Bills & Proof of Payment
15) Any Bank Statements x 24 (Salaried Account)
16) Letter & Fee Receipt from Children's School
17) Voter Registration Form
18) GP’s Confirmation of Address

Supporting Documents from Sponsor
19) Passport & Biometric ID Card
20) Employment Contract
21) Pay Slips (last 6 months)
22) Any Annual Statement
23) IPS Addressee Envelopes
24) Apple Invoice
25) Road Tax Reminder
26) Bank Statements x 24
27) Annual Statements
28) NHS Letter
29) V5 Certificate
20) Driving Licence both parts
31) Tenancy Agreement with Property Inspection Report
32) TV Licence
33) MP Letters
34) Misc Letters
35) Misc Pictures

Any Special Circumstances:

1) HMRC Tax Credit Letters
2) HMRC Child Benefit Letter
3) Housing Benefit Letter
4) Council Tax Letter Reduction Letter

Just add this statement in Section 8B, page 22 of SET(M) form version 10/2013 if the sponsor is claiming any of above.

To,
The Case Worker,
Dear Sir/Madam,

My husband/wife in receipt of Child Benefit, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit & Housing Benefit(delete as appropriate) in his/her own capacity and he/she is fully entitled to do so.

Paragraph 6A & B of Immigration rules states:
6A. For the purpose of these Rules, a person (P) is not to be regarded as having (or potentially having) recourse to public funds merely because P
is (or will be) reliant in whole or in part on public funds provided to P's sponsor unless, as a result of P's presence in the United Kingdom, the
sponsor is (or would be) entitled to increased or additional public funds (save where such entitlement to increased or additional public funds is by
virtue of P and the sponsor's joint entitlement to benefits under the regulations referred to in paragraph 6B).
6B. Subject to paragraph 6C, a person (P) shall not be regarded as having recourse to public funds if P is entitled to benefits specified under section
115 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 by virtue of regulations made under sub-sections (3) and (4) of that section or section 42 of the Tax
Credits Act 2002.

By granting me Indefinite Leave to Remain will have no effect on these benefits and they will not increase.

Copies of all supporting documents.

Hi Spidery_thread,

If you don't mind, could you help me on SET(M) application filling for below.

Section 2A:
Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?
Yes or No
Your partner’s Home Office reference (if they have one)
What shall I tick here? I've sponsored first time for my wife before she come to uk.

Section 3:Do I need fill this section?
Section 6: Questions 13, 14, 15, 16
Do I need to fill these questions in this section

Section 7:Do I need to fill all my previous address (Main Applicant) other than given at section 1.13 during past 2 years?
Section 9:
9.12. Please state what ties you have with;
Do wife need to fill this question?

Section 11B:Do I need to fill this section?
Surya

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:10 am

(spouse of person settled in the UK) and 319aa of HC 395.
Hi , i wonder if any one could help me understan or find above mention paragraph, ( searched quite few times)
The reason for asking is Insha Allah i ll be applying for my dependent ILR soon, just wondering what i can i write or say in support of applying her set (m) soon after getting flrm leave ,
Cant rember but read some where that when rules say where u can combine time spent on pbs dependent HO meant by pbs time under tier 1 or tier 2 only as this route lead to permanant route ?
Is this right or can we still apply for her ILR
She is here since 2009 tier 4 dependnt and tier 1psw dependent, got flrm approved before 6th april and leave valid for 2 years .
Any suggestion will be great help
Thanks