ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best EU Country to relocate!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yembel84
Newly Registered

Best EU Country to relocate!

Post by yembel84 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Hello all.
I would want you all to help me out.I live in Italy and have all my documents(permanent stay permit) in place but I am hoping to move to another EU country.Does anyone have a good advice on what /which EU country to relocate to?
Thanks all.

rajsin

Re: Best EU Country to relocate!

Post by rajsin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:07 pm

are you a permanent resident of Italy or a citizen? why do you want to relocate? if you are not really sure why you want to relocate then better move to UK because there are many such people here. :lol:

I hope you are aware that your permanent status in Italy means you can enjoy your permanent status in Italy ONLY and not any other European countries.

liksah

Post by liksah » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:08 pm

This is a very vague question. Best country for what ? One man's paradise is another man's hell.

I like Portugal. Fair weather, beautiful beaches, relaxed lifestyle, relatively low cost of living, but then, the job market is bad if you're looking for employment - salaries are terrible.

If you're self employed then you can probably work it out. There's also an excellent 20% tax scheme for 10 years that applies to new residents so that's really awesome. What that means is that you pay 20% income tax for 10 years if you are a new tax resident in PT.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:42 pm

I'd like to move to Sweden one day. Seems like a nice place and the people are quite friendly. Of course, their English is generally quite good too, so that might help in finding a job.

yembel84
Newly Registered

Post by yembel84 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:16 pm

I have been living in Italy well over a decade, I have the EU/EC stay permit.
I am wishing to change base mainly for the purpose of getting back to studying again, I have tried it out here but the language has really been a big barrier for me,so, basicly I am looking at an EU country where I have the opportunity to get back to school though I'm in my 30s and tuitions are at a very low rate .
Also, the opportunity to live and work would be a plus for me.

Thank you all!

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:12 pm

move to Norway or Switzerland. I would love to relocate there in future
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:19 am

It entirely depend on what skill/experience/qualification/financial investment you have because low skilled jobs sector is badly suffering everywhere. But still i think within EU, Switzerland is good option but in whole world i think Australia is better. :idea: :idea:
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

yembel84
Newly Registered

Post by yembel84 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:00 am

Thanks to all.I will work and look these areas and get back!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:17 am

If you are interested in getting citizenship, you might want to pay attention to the language requirements of the various EU countries. At present: as far as I know Ireland/Sweden and Italy don't have formal language qualification/citizenship test requirements (although this might change!). Most of the others do. This wouldn't be an issue for PR but would cause problems if you ever wanted to apply for a passport and you don't speak the language. I think Malta requires a knowledge of either English or Maltese.

Obviously it's a good idea to try your best to pick up the language of whatever country you visit, but, if you have a foundation in Italian, then French/Spanish and Portuguese may be a little easier for you.

Just a thought! I'm also considering trying to get another citizenship as well after I get my partner sorted out. I think I might choose Sweden or Italy. Apart from English, I don't speak any other European languages and, unfortunately, Mandarin isn't the official language of any EU country (yet)!

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:21 am

you would not be allow to come to uk or Ireland you will need to apply visa for these two countries as you have longo permesso or illimitato soggiorno. and you don't have Italian nationality yet. , .language is a big problem in Italy and economy too but people are realy good and I love the weather and beaches of Italy . if I could speak Italian I would love to be there. :lol:
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

yembel84
Newly Registered

Post by yembel84 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:15 pm

Yes that's ture @toofan am actually preparing for the citizenship,I pray it is here already.Language is a big problem and the economy is bad too reason for changing base.
But at the moment I just want a different place to be.

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:57 am

but you should know without eu nationality in another eu state you do not have same rights as you will have with eu citizenship.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>