ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Croydon Success - ILR (Tier 1 G)+ PBS Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syedimran83
Newly Registered

PEO Croydon Success - ILR (Tier 1 G)+ PBS Dependent

Post by syedimran83 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:34 pm

Hi Guys
I would like to pay my regards to group members for their selfless service this forum is surely a great help for thousands. Its fair on me to write my experience so that it could be of help for others I had an appointment on 18th March 2014 for my ILR application + PBS Dependent for my wife at PEO Croydon.

I had 2 appointments booked one for myself and other for wife (for PBS dependent as she came after July 2012, so 5 years rule ) at 8 AM, I provided following set of documents :-

I was on Tier-1(General) visa for whole qualifying period and entered UK within 90 days of stamping of visa.

1) Set (O) form
2) Life In UK test result
3)Passport + Biometric + 2 Photos
4) 12 months salary slip
5) 12 months bank statements
6) Employee reference letter and letter from employer to show previous absences
7) Degree certificate ( You don't need if you have already provided in previous application)

And for my wife I provided :

1) PBS Dependent form
2) Passport + 2 Photos
3) My Passport + BRP photocopies
4) Marriage certificate

We entered the building at 7 30 and after security check, went to 3rd floor, while taking the tokens I asked whether I will be given one or 2 tokens as we would be sharing documents, she said we will be given 2 tokens but we can speak to caseworker so that same case worker can deal with our cases

And my token was called immediately and we went to caseworker, lady was very polite, friendly I explained her that we will be sharing documents and she only asked me about where do I work and once our case was registered, we called for Biometric immediately and we submitted documents once biometric was done we waited for an around 70 minutes in cafe and our token was called and we collected the documents and came out of building.

Whole process took around 2 hours and it was very smooth and received our BRP cards

Hope this is useful, let me know if I can be of assistance

shace318

Re: PEO Croydon Success - ILR (Tier 1 G)+ PBS Dependent

Post by shace318 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:40 pm

congrats..it will great if you could share the dates EC date, first arrival date(UK) etc...
also did you have any long absence out of uk?

Shace

syedimran83
Newly Registered

Post by syedimran83 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi,

My first Tier 1 G visa was 14th April 2009 - I entered on 27th June 2009 (before 90 months period), second extension was in April 2012 and finally ILR, and I didn't had any long abseneces

My total absences in last 5 years was 162 days.

Hope it helps

Yousuf.Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Yousuf.Khan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:18 pm

I am applying for ILR next month but my wife came sept 2013 last year as Tier 1 (Gen) Dep
Do I need to submit PBS dependant form or FLR (M) form?
As you might already know PBS dependant fees is twice as compare to FLR (M)
Any suggestion will be appreciated
Thanks

Yousuf

syedimran83
Newly Registered

Post by syedimran83 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:15 am

Yousuf,

Your wife need to continue as PBS Dependent.

Yes PBS dependent fees almost double compare to FLR(M), but its clearly explained in policy guidelines, if main applicant acquires ILR/Citizenship and if PBS dependent doesn't qualify for settlement, they have to continue as PBS dependent until they qualify for ILR

Hope it helps

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:45 am

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience!

theflare_007
Newly Registered

Post by theflare_007 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:52 pm

hi many congrats for your successful ILR

I have a short question.

I am bit confused about. Any one applies are Oct 2013 now have to show life in uk test result and language test results.

As you know we did showed our IELTS(Expired) Results before in extension . I have already passed life in uk test but wondering do i really need to go for ESOL? when i see that most of people who showed the language proficient by IELTS and Degree certificate(showing the medium of education was english) before they are not going for Language test at all.

Do you recommend me to go for ESOL test or just claim points for english language as we did at extension time and attach all my degree cert,ielts(exp) and document from uni stating medium of instruction was English.

Please Clarify.

Thanks, It will be great if you can reply me on this please
Amu

neesh
United Kingdom

Post by neesh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:15 am

@syedimran83 - Congratulations on your ILR. My situation is the same as you (with regards to my wife's visa)

Are you ok to confirm which form you used for your wife's visa? thanks

syedimran83
Newly Registered

Post by syedimran83 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:24 pm

@neesh

Your wife need to use PBS Dependent form - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ation1.pdf

And regarding the filing the application form, there is field where you have to select which category Main applicant is applying - just select Tier 1 General

Hope it helps

neesh
United Kingdom

Post by neesh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:13 pm

very helpful. thanks a lot for your reply

neesh
United Kingdom

Post by neesh » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:26 am

[quote="syedimran83"]@neesh

Your wife need to use PBS Dependent form - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ation1.pdf

And regarding the filing the application form, there is field where you have to select which category Main applicant is applying - just select Tier 1 General

Hope it helps[/quote]

thanks. i was hoping you could help me with filling a few questions on the dependent form

Section M
M2 - Under which category of the PBS is the main applicant applying?
Do i check Tier-1 General?

Where do i specify on the form that i (as main applicant) am applying for ILR?

thanks

Bnod009
Newly Registered

Post by Bnod009 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:50 am

syedimran83 wrote:Hi Guys
I would like to pay my regards to group members for their selfless service this forum is surely a great help for thousands. Its fair on me to write my experience so that it could be of help for others I had an appointment on 18th March 2014 for my ILR application + PBS Dependent for my wife at PEO Croydon.

I had 2 appointments booked one for myself and other for wife (for PBS dependent as she came after July 2012, so 5 years rule ) at 8 AM, I provided following set of documents :-

I was on Tier-1(General) visa for whole qualifying period and entered UK within 90 days of stamping of visa.

1) Set (O) form
2) Life In UK test result
3)Passport + Biometric + 2 Photos
4) 12 months salary slip
5) 12 months bank statements
6) Employee reference letter and letter from employer to show previous absences
7) Degree certificate ( You don't need if you have already provided in previous application)

And for my wife I provided :

1) PBS Dependent form
2) Passport + 2 Photos
3) My Passport + BRP photocopies
4) Marriage certificate

We entered the building at 7 30 and after security check, went to 3rd floor, while taking the tokens I asked whether I will be given one or 2 tokens as we would be sharing documents, she said we will be given 2 tokens but we can speak to caseworker so that same case worker can deal with our cases

And my token was called immediately and we went to caseworker, lady was very polite, friendly I explained her that we will be sharing documents and she only asked me about where do I work and once our case was registered, we called for Biometric immediately and we submitted documents once biometric was done we waited for an around 70 minutes in cafe and our token was called and we collected the documents and came out of building.

Whole process took around 2 hours and it was very smooth and received our BRP cards

Hope this is useful, let me know if I can be of assistance
Dear Syed Imran,

I hope you are enjoying your ILR.

Since I am in exactly the same position as yours, (ILR for myself and PBS Dependent Extension for my wife), we are planning to do PEO applications same day, different times, I thought you would be able to help us.

Could you please let me know what did you select in M section (M1, M2, M3, M4 and M5) in the PBS Dependent form?

Thanks in advance

Skc84

Post by Skc84 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:50 am

Hi Guys

what did you select in M section (M1, M2, M3, M4 and M5) in PBS dependant form
Was this answered? I have a same query and scenario is same as above.

Please let me know

Thanks