ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - some queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salarna
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit - some queries

Post by salarna » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:17 am

Hi,

I am an Australian citizen currently living and working in the UK on a working holiday visa. My husband and I got married in Australia a couple of months ago. He is a Swedish citizen working in London.

For me to remain in the UK after the expiry of my working holiday visa, I am not sure if I need to apply for an EEA family permit or just a residence card. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Also, is there an expedited procedure? Does it really take six months? I have some travel plans so do not want to submit my passport for the whole duration of the application process. I have been told that if I ask for my passport back the application is cancelled. Is this the case?

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:19 pm

If you are already in the UK, you are eligible to apply for the Residence Card issued to the non-EEA family members of an EEA national right now or at the end of the WHM visa as you like. The EEA family permit is not a requirement for the application.

Even though it does take 6 months to be processed, you are well within your limits to ask for the passports back and unlike applications under the UK immigration rules, an application under the EU route will not result in the cancellation of your application. You can send your passport back to BIA when they request it for endorsing it with the Residence Card.
Jabi

salarna
Newly Registered

Post by salarna » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:23 am

Thanks so much for your reply. That is very helpful.

Also, do I need to submit my husband's passport with the application, or is a certified copy enough?

Thanks!

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:27 am

According to the rules, the original passports are needed- both of you and the EEA family member. But practically, there have been cases in which the certified copies have been used as well.
Jabi

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:29 am

In our case (2 years ago) my wife and I submitted certified copies, saying that we needed the originals to travel. The Home Office only asked for the originals shortly before issuing the residence permit.

salarna
Newly Registered

Post by salarna » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:15 pm

Thanks so much for your help.

A final quick question: Is it ok just to copy the idenity page and my working holiday visa for the certified copy of my passport, or should it be the whole document?

Thanks!

salarna
Newly Registered

Post by salarna » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:17 pm

Thanks so much for your help.

A final quick question: Is it ok just to copy the idenity page and my working holiday visa for the certified copy of my passport, or should it be the whole document?

Thanks!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:38 pm

In support of a visa application you need not have certified copies of the blank pages.

Compared to .... applications for Citizenship .... all pages including the blank one need to be photocopied.
John

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:11 pm

salarna wrote:Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks!
A solicitor will do the copying typically as part of their fee. No EU should be all pages. The EU soupse can usually be just information page.

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:56 pm

Hello Im a mexican national currently living in Ireland. I ask for a Residence Card(EU1) as I am married to a Latvian national. SO far Ireland is having problems giving residence cards, and I am starting to be really afraid of getting my application denied, in wich case we are planning to go the UK. My question is what is is the UK governement actualy giving residence cards?Does it takes 6 months?(In ROI is taking more than 10 months ans so far have been denied) What is wat we need to do prioi or after we arrive to the UK?
Thx so much for your attention and I hope you can help me...