ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the best way to send additional documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPreqJun07
Newly Registered

What is the best way to send additional documents

Post by HSMPreqJun07 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi all,

I just realised that the P45 form is not accepted as a Tax return document (that's the document I got from my previous employer to cover my earning).
My case is not assigned yet as I paid by cheque and it will only clear on Thursday.

What is the best way to handle this situation? keep on calling them on Thursday until I get a reference number and then send the additional documents (bank acc/ statements + employer's lettres)? shall I insist to speak to my caseworker first? or just send the documents now and call later to clarify?

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:50 pm

From FAQ's
You should send in all the required supporting evidence with your application. Failure to do so is likely to lead to the refusal of your application. You may send in additional documents provided they reach the HSMP team before a decision has been considered. Please send any clearly identifiable additional documents directly to the HSMP Team in Sheffield.

By post:

HSMP Team
Home Office
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

By courier:

WP (UK) HSMP Team
Home Office
Moorfoot
Sheffield
S1 4PQ
I think its better for you to wait until you get the reference number, as you cant identify yourself until you receive the reference number. But before that give them a call and ask them for reference number by giving royal mail special delivery number. so that you dont need to wait for the number in post or email.
[/b]

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:55 pm

Also note that I used my p45 too and my ltr was extended
I didn't notice this p45 not acceptable until after the decision

HSMPreqJun07
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPreqJun07 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:44 pm

Thanks Guys for your advise. the guidance note doesn't say that P45 is not acceptable, only the FAQ mentions this!!
kck,
do you think I'll be able to get a reference number before my payement is cleared (I made this other mistake to pay by cheque which takes 5 days to clear!)

All this is very stressfull :-(

HSMPreqJun07
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPreqJun07 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:57 pm

also, the amount in P60 which covers only my income from my current employer (less than 12 months) is already in the range I'm claiming. Do you think it's still important to provide additional documents.

Thanks again

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:27 pm

you cant get a reference number until your cheque is cleared. so you have to wait for the reference number......

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:50 pm

my advise to u is to stop cheque,if payment not go through u than received the documents back,by sending additional makes confusion,
now all on u.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:25 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:my advise to u is to stop cheque,if payment not go through u than received the documents back,by sending additional makes confusion,
now all on u.
uh NO, dont do that

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:33 am

I think it is best for you to keep on call them daily to find whether they have entered in the HSMP database and find the HSMP reference number (not the payment reference number) and post that immediately as soon as you know the reference.

If possible when you call them, ask them to pass it on to the case worker who is dealing with your file and let him know that you have sent the additional documents.

Hope this helps

HSMPreqJun07
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPreqJun07 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:49 am

thanks kck,

I just called them, as the payement hasn't cleared yet they don't have an HSMP ref number yet, but only a payement number. They told me I can send the additional documents with this reference. I think I'll do that and once I see the cheque debited from my account I'll keep on calling to make sure the case worker got the document

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:45 pm

cool thats a good idea. as long as you have some kind of reference number it is easy for you/them to trace