ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

general visitor - documents required for non-working parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssm4gb
Newly Registered

general visitor - documents required for non-working parents

Post by ssm4gb » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:37 pm

I would like to bring my parents to visit UK for 3 to 4 months who are not working now. My dad worked in a private firm some years back which paid less than basic exemption limit so no tax returns filed, unfortunately no pension, no payslips.

As I'm not a settled person I would like to bring them in General visitor visa and sponsor it. Can someone please tell what are all the documents needed?

My understanding is, I've to provide the following as a sponsor:

1. 6 month bank statement (couldn't find any minimum fund requirement, but I'm maintaining min 5K GBP for past 6 months.. Is that enough or are there any min fund requirement for bringing both mom and dad)
2. 6 month payslip
3. address proof (council tax/utility bills)
4. sponsorship letter mentioning I will be sponsoring their accommodation, travel and food here.
5. Passport, visa copies.
anything else from a sponsor ?

Applicants:
1. property document (of both?)
2. children detail, my brother's detail to convey that they have social ties in home country
3. 6 month savings account statement. Do they need submit account statement for each ? Are there any minimum fund requirements?
4. passport, photos.
5. covering letter mentioning the purpose of visit (visiting son and touring UK)
anything else from an applicant?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

ban.s

Re: general visitor - documents required for non-working par

Post by ban.s » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:20 pm

suresh505

Post by suresh505 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:07 pm

The above link is very generic and it does not help the situation of the original poster.

suresh505

Post by suresh505 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Dear ssm4gb,

I'm in the same situation as you - I'm planning to bring my mother and I will be sponsoring her totally. Did you get any more information regarding this? Can you please advise me?

lencruz

Post by lencruz » Sun May 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Hello ia m also in same situation,i want sponsor my Mom,my dad can come anytime as he got a EU nationality but my mon holds a indian passport,both are in india are not working, staying with my brother.i just wanna knw if i sponsor my mom saying that i will bear all the cost will she get a visa.any help will be appreciated

lencruz

Post by lencruz » Sun May 04, 2014 2:38 pm

suresh505 wrote:Dear ssm4gb,

I'm in the same situation as you - I'm planning to bring my mother and I will be sponsoring her totally. Did you get any more information regarding this? Can you please advise me?

Hello suresh did you apply for your Mother,s visa

suresh505

Post by suresh505 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:34 pm