ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding points

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bkarthikisc

Speeding points

Post by bkarthikisc » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:31 pm

Hello,

I have got my naturalisation appointment booked for the 4th of April. I was caught speeding on the motorway on the 2nd of May 2011 in Scotland. I was issued 3 points (SP56 - Exceeding Speed Limit On A Motorway) on my license and got a 60£ fine. I paid the fine immediately and was not taken to the court. By going through the forum i understand that FPN within the last 12 months is what affects the naturalisation application. Is my understanding right please?

Should i declare the speeding fine and points in the application. If yes which section do i have to mention it in? is it section 3.10 " have you received any cautions (simple or conditional), warnings or reprimands in the UK or any other country?"

newbie_t

Re: Speeding points

Post by newbie_t » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:39 pm

bkarthikisc

Post by bkarthikisc » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:44 pm

newbie_t wrote:http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 36725.html

Read Q5, hope this helps.

Thanks newbie_t. I have gone through this message and a couple of others and at the end of it, i was totally confused. Some say that it ahs to be mentioned even if it is FPN and some say you do not have to.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:01 pm

Just submit a copy of your paper counterpart if you have points still on, if not, don't.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bkarthikisc

Post by bkarthikisc » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:41 am

Amber_ wrote:Just submit a copy of your paper counterpart if you have points still on, if not, don't.
Thanks Amber