ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa question - How long you intend to stay in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arbaz33
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa question - How long you intend to stay in UK

Post by arbaz33 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:39 am

Hi All,

I have just came across a question 'How long will you intend to stay in UK' within Passport and Travel information section of online visa application form.

I would like to know what should be the short and right answer to this question as we will apply for ILR after completion of qualifying period which as per my understanding is 5 years and requires an extension after first grant of visa.

Thanks

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Re: Settlement Visa question - How long you intend to stay i

Post by Sameena akhtar » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:14 pm

arbaz33 wrote:Hi All,

I have just came across a question 'How long will you intend to stay in UK' within Passport and Travel information section of online visa application form.

I would like to know what should be the short and right answer to this question as we will apply for ILR after completion of qualifying period which as per my understanding is 5 years and requires an extension after first grant of visa.

Thanks
Permanently..

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:32 pm

We put permanently but qualified it in the area for extra information, saying that it was subject to being issued with further visas. On another forum the advice was to put 33 months as that is the length of the visa. If we get the visa, however, on entering the UK and completing the landing card, we would put '33 months' as, again, that is the length of the visa.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:20 am

Permanently. That is usually the intention of most spouses.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:38 am

The answer is 'Permanently' ...even if the visa is issued for 2.5 years... because you are applying for settlement/spouse not as a dependent in other categories.