ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) 'PARTNER'

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sahoong
Newly Registered

FLR(O) 'PARTNER'

Post by sahoong » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:44 pm

Hello,

Could someone please, tell me if an applicant can claim to have a partner when he is married with another lady? I entered the UK with my wife in 2005 and we are still married. I have a baby (Sept 2013) with a British lady and I just submitted an extension application on FLR(0). Home Office just sent me a letter asking me to complete Section 4 and 6 of FLR(FP). Can I claim that I am married to my wife and that the British lady is my partner? Is this allowed under UK law?

What is the best application to make when you have a child who is British? I used FLR(O) because I thought the FLR(FP) 5 and 10 years route are for those people whose children are not British?

Please, advise?

Regards,
Sahoong

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: FLR(O) 'PARTNER'

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:31 pm

No you can't

When your relationship with the first lady ceased you should have left the country as now you are an over stayer.

Also you need to be divorced and have lived with your unmarried partner for two years for any partner visa can be issued.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....