ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN BANKING

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

save
Newly Registered

JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN BANKING

Post by save » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:11 am

Hi,

Do any of you know about the kind of banking opportunities available for experience of over six years from India(Investment banking, Operations Risk & Control). I am going to be applying for HSMP visa o go to the UK.

Just wanted to check on the kind of opportunities available and the level of difficulty in getting a job.

Regards,
Sangeetha
Chennai, India.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:03 am

Hi,

The Market is very good for Investment Banking, Operations Risk & Control. I believe you shold apply for HSMP (If you are qualified). But remember one thing, apply only if you have plan to go there as soon as you get Visa.. or else do not apply bcoz no one will offer you ANY kind of Job if you are in india... :)

Akash...

niruv

Post by niruv » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:58 pm

Banking is top in opprotunities here (UK)

antony

Post by antony » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Financial job are doing well as of now.
But cant say. Anything can happen at any time.

jash345
Newly Registered

Post by jash345 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:20 pm

Competition in Banking is high, I mean really high. Preference are often given to US MBA holders and UK top 5 University grads. You can get a banking job in the Uk if you have excellent command of spoken English, get along very well in a team and work harder than the rest. Job opportunities are booming in London competition is intense among British, more intense among Europeans and severely intense among the non-EU nationals. If youve got contacts in London then youve a furlong ahead of the race.
Good luck :P

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:29 pm

Folks,

Check agencycentral.co.uk. This points to all the job domains within UK. I found a huge list of recruiting agencies for IT here. Also finance, medical, etc etc can be referenced here.

Go ahead and spend less time on trying to find them elsewhere.

Good luck.

Regards,
Sai

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:15 pm

if you got good Investment Banking experience with good Investment bank names on your CV then you are hot cake. It also depends on your years of experience.

I would say chances are pretty good.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:22 pm

Contrary to what the other posters have said, I'd sound a note of caution.

The banking sector is huge in London, and potentially very well-paid indeed. BUT it's also very competitive, and things aren't looking great at the moment - there are talks of massive job cuts, a "bloodbath" it was called on the BBC recently.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.